Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
Great commercial!

Man only Apple can get away with not describing their product in their ads.

I believe Apple's blatantly advertising the ability for both iPad models to make FaceTime calls with either the front or rear camera.

Omacc

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2012
Apple is beginning to make weak commercials.. when jobs was around i was always impressed with the sound score behind the commercial as well as the storyline/outline of the commercial. not to creative anymore. seems like there trying to hard

xandable

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
California
Appropriately, grandpa has the large iPad. I've heard a couple of older iPad users say the iPad mini screen is just too small for them to read.

TimUSCA

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2006
Aiken, SC
That girl's voice sounds extremely irritating

I was thinking it was quite good. :confused:

----------

How do we know it's her grandfather?

It's pretty implied given the age gap.

----------

Apple is beginning to make weak commercials.. when jobs was around i was always impressed with the sound score behind the commercial as well as the storyline/outline of the commercial. not to creative anymore. seems like there trying to hard

Not creative... but they're trying too hard? The point here is the device is so well known that they only have to show it in action. That's a GOOD thing.

iNVERSE

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2012
Looks like my grandpa, just smiling and pretending like he knows whats going on, only to be thinking "what is this device and what button do I press to talk back?"

flight

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2010
How do we know it's her grandfather?

If it's not, she's telling a stranger her location on December 25.

This one's not my favorite iPad mini ad, but I've liked their other TV and magazine ads.

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
B+. Like the piano mini spot, its musicality will wear well. It implies seamless facetime integration. but doesn't really sell it. Question. how would have microsoft, at$t or sprint approached this? There, feel better now?

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
I love how the resolution show on iChat is full blast flawless crystal clear HD...never achievable IRL.

Of course the "screen images are simulated" disclaimer makes it all ok.

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
Better than the Samsung naughty Mrs. Clause ad.

I'll take these ads any day over the stupid bump your phones Samsung ads.

Oh give me a break. It's funny and edgy. Anyway, the S-Beam one where the wife beams her hubby a naughty video "you probably should't watch it on the plane" as he gets in a cab is better. Identical concept that's more acceptable to hyper sensitive people I guess.

And if you could "bump" iPhones (using NFC, not that cheezy app) to share videos, pics and stuff, people would swoon like it was the second coming. Just saying.

boxlight

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2006
Sigh.

I hate to be *that guy*, but commercials featuring "I'll Be Home For Christmas" and "Santa Claus" ...

Can we just admit these things are CHRISTMAS ADS, not "Holiday Ads", please? WTF.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.