Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:10 PM   #1
probuild521
macrumors newbie

15" Retina Macbook Pro - Typing/Scroll Lag

I know the scroll lag has been discussed some but i'm still have lots of issues with it. I'm running 10.8.2 and scrolling through sites in incredible choppy on both the integrated and dedicated card. Running bootcamp with windows 7 has none of this scroll lag. Furthermore, I'll commonly be typing and it will lag back several words before they appear on the screen. Is there some sort of update I'm missing or why is the user experience so incredible awful.

Any thoughts?

Sean
probuild521 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:35 PM   #2
noiseordinance
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by probuild521 View Post
I know the scroll lag has been discussed some but i'm still have lots of issues with it. I'm running 10.8.2 and scrolling through sites in incredible choppy on both the integrated and dedicated card. Running bootcamp with windows 7 has none of this scroll lag. Furthermore, I'll commonly be typing and it will lag back several words before they appear on the screen. Is there some sort of update I'm missing or why is the user experience so incredible awful.

Any thoughts?

Sean
Unfortunately Safari is brutally plagued with bugs on the rMBP. I've seen major anomalies on 4 different units. These include text delay / errors when typing in text boxes, large white blocks of missing data (especially in GMail, but also on other major websites), gifs load erroneously, going back a page yields a white screen that must be reloaded, etc. People will recommend using the webkit to fix the scroll lag, but it won't fix the other problems. Try to reset Safari for a temporary fix and pray that Apple gets on this atrocious issue someday. Here's a 6-month old link for more info:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
noiseordinance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:14 PM   #3
probuild521
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseordinance View Post
Unfortunately Safari is brutally plagued with bugs on the rMBP. I've seen major anomalies on 4 different units. These include text delay / errors when typing in text boxes, large white blocks of missing data (especially in GMail, but also on other major websites), gifs load erroneously, going back a page yields a white screen that must be reloaded, etc. People will recommend using the webkit to fix the scroll lag, but it won't fix the other problems. Try to reset Safari for a temporary fix and pray that Apple gets on this atrocious issue someday. Here's a 6-month old link for more info:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
The webkit seems to help a ton, would be really nice if apple would do an official update. How can I go about checking FPS of the webpage scrolling?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:10 PM   #4
ob81
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to ob81 Send a message via MSN to ob81
Quote:
Originally Posted by probuild521 View Post
The webkit seems to help a ton, would be really nice if apple would do an official update. How can I go about checking FPS of the webpage scrolling?
Don't check the FPS, just use it. If it doesn't feel right, take it to the store. If it feels right, leave it alone. A lot of issues really don't exist unless manufactured. You said the WebKit helped a ton. Enjoy your rMBP.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:20 PM   #5
probuild521
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob81 View Post
Don't check the FPS, just use it. If it doesn't feel right, take it to the store. If it feels right, leave it alone. A lot of issues really don't exist unless manufactured. You said the WebKit helped a ton. Enjoy your rMBP.
Haha, I agree. I'm just curious for my own knowledge at what point I deem it "acceptable" which is why I asked about who to check FPS.

So...anyone know how to check it?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:24 PM   #6
probuild521
macrumors newbie

So even with the webkit the typing lag is still unbearable. Specifically in gmail. Any thing to fix this?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:28 PM   #7
runebinder
macrumors 6502a

I have the typing lag, but that's on a 2010 15" MBP

iPhone 5s 32GB Space Grey iOS 7.1.1
runebinder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 04:36 PM   #8
probuild521
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by runebinder View Post
I have the typing lag, but that's on a 2010 15" MBP
Is there anyway to improve it though...I had a 2011 macbook pro 15" and it didnt have the issue.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:21 PM   #9
TweakOnline
macrumors regular

I got both problems on my 15'' retina MacBook Pro.

But it only exists when I zoom into my Safari web browser.

Does anyone has another fix, except the Webkit program?

Btw, I'm running OS X 10.8.3 since I thought maybe this version of OS X would fix this problem. But no, it didn't. I got this problem since OS X 10.8.1 (I've never tested 10.8).

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro