Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Feb 19, 2011, 06:55 PM   #1
Alucardx03
macrumors 6502a

Right click on Magic Trackpad

Hey guys. Just picked up a Magic Trackpad, and it's pretty good so far. My one problem is right clicks. Even though I enabled it in the preferences menu, pressing down on the bottom-right portion of the trackpad registers very rarely-- maybe 3 out of 10 times. I'm not a big fan of the "two finger secondary click" either, so that's not a legitimate solution for me. Do I have a faulty trackpad?
Alucardx03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:45 PM   #2
911scanner
macrumors member

I was having a similar problem. I found that if I press very near to the very corner bottom right edge, I have less of a problem with the right-click.

If you look at the bottom of the trackpad, you'll notice the small white rubber encapsulated "bumps", That is actually where the trackpad "clicks", so if you get close to the bump on top, it will always work.

I think the right hand "clicker" may be less sensitive than the left one. No scientific proof, just my real world observations. Hope this helps.

MM
911scanner is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:06 PM   #3
999cameron
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911scanner View Post
I was having a similar problem. I found that if I press very near to the very corner bottom right edge, I have less of a problem with the right-click.

If you look at the bottom of the trackpad, you'll notice the small white rubber encapsulated "bumps", That is actually where the trackpad "clicks", so if you get close to the bump on top, it will always work.

I think the right hand "clicker" may be less sensitive than the left one. No scientific proof, just my real world observations. Hope this helps.

MM
I got one with my new imac, and I was just checking if any body had the same problem. It is annoying, and I quite often left click when I want to right click! :@ I agree with your thought, that the left must be a little more sensitive, unless a lot of them are faulty!
999cameron is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:49 PM   #4
macrumors regular

I realise you've said that you're not a big fan of two finger secondary click, but I would still propose to give it a try. It is a very often used feature and taping the trackpad (NOT clicking - enable tap to click in settings) with two fingers is very easy.

I use the corners (click or tap) for other, less used functions. I noticed, that corner clicks can be hit-and-miss, while corner taps are more consistent.

Try installing the BTT (better touch tool) and playing with the settings.

These are my settings, if you need ideas:

537635 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals