Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:45 PM   #51
Michael Scrip
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple-win View Post

Why would Apple release a cheaper product to replace a more expensive product? I don't get it. Maybe it's a good idea to lower down the revenue.
Think of it this way:

2 sizes of iMac... 2 sizes of Macbook Air... 2 sizes of Macbook Pro... 2 sizes of Macbook Pro with Retina. And now 2 sizes of iPad.

Plus 3 phones... 5 iPods... etc.

It's actually a normal thing... having a product line instead of just one product.

Or by using your logic... the 11" Macbook Air destroyed 13" Macbook Air sales.

And the Ford Fiesta destroyed Focus and Fusion sales...
Michael Scrip is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:51 PM   #52
Rot'nApple
macrumors 65816

Should have the iPad and iPad Mini with Siri singing...

I'll arrive before Christmas. You can expect delivery. I'll arrive before Christmas... But only in your dreams!

Merry Christmas to all my fellow MacRumor friends and have a Candied Apple New Year!
/
/
/
Rot'nApple is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:54 PM   #53
ThisIsNotMe
macrumors 65816

Feels too long and not "up beat" like most of their commercials.
Now to be fair its not nearly as painful as those Google commercials that feel like they are 1/2 hour.
ThisIsNotMe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:00 AM   #54
IJ Reilly
macrumors P6

Bing Crosby did not write this song, he just recorded it, as have many others. It's always kind of annoying when performers get credited for writing songs they record instead of the songwriter, and when actors get credited for lines written by screenwriters.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:06 AM   #55
blackhand1001
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
Better than the Samsung naughty Mrs. Clause ad.

I'll take these ads any day over the stupid bump your phones Samsung ads.
Most people I know like the samsung ads. Even iphone users.
Moto X Dev Edition (VZW) Nexus 7
blackhand1001 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:07 AM   #56
apple-win
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post
Think of it this way:

2 sizes of iMac... 2 sizes of Macbook Air... 2 sizes of Macbook Pro... 2 sizes of Macbook Pro with Retina. And now 2 sizes of iPad.

Plus 3 phones... 5 iPods... etc.

It's actually a normal thing... having a product line instead of just one product.

Or by using your logic... the 11" Macbook Air destroyed 13" Macbook Air sales.

And the Ford Fiesta destroyed Focus and Fusion sales...
iPad is already the king in tablet market. The name "iPad" will goes into dictionary, seriously. People will buy the big iPad if there is no small one in the market. I don't think Apple need to give customer choice in this case.

If Apple, for any bad reason, had started from a iPad mini first, then it make sense to release a more expensive bigger iPad to capture more money from high-end customers.
apple-win is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:13 AM   #57
SeattleMoose
macrumors 6502a

awwwww....sweet commercial.
SeattleMoose is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:18 AM   #58
nagromme
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
I love how the resolution show on iChat is full blast flawless crystal clear HD...never achievable IRL.

Of course the "screen images are simulated" disclaimer makes it all ok.
How can the cam view in the ad be HD, if it’s a small inset INSIDE of a video picture?

Assuming the ad is run at 1280x720, even the large iPad’s image is smaller than 640x480.

It’s shown defect-free, I’ll grant you, and all video systems sometimes show glitches. But not always. I’ve sometimes seen crystal-clear Facetime even internationally, if both people have a good connection. And if they don’t—they’ll still get to see their family or share a song.
nagromme is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:20 AM   #59
swarmster
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I love how the resolution show on iChat is full blast flawless crystal clear HD...never achievable IRL.

Of course the "screen images are simulated" disclaimer makes it all ok.
lol, what? The resolution of that entire YouTube video is lower than the FaceTime HD cameras they use now. Have you used a modern Mac/iOS device?
swarmster is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:29 AM   #60
AFDoc
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacc View Post
Apple is beginning to make weak commercials.. when jobs was around i was always impressed with the sound score behind the commercial as well as the storyline/outline of the commercial. not to creative anymore. seems like there trying to hard
LoL are you kidding me? When jobs was around all they had was hipsters dancing around in pastel colors to irritating music. Not a big fan of this commercial but at least it's not a bunch of metrosexuals jumping around the screen in skinny jeans.

----------

Quote:
And if you could "bump" iPhones (using NFC, not that cheezy app) to share videos, pics and stuff, people would swoon like it was the second coming. Just saying.
I agree with your first part but if there is an app to do the same thing what's the issue of using it? Of course it would be better to have it as a native app but I've used bump before with great success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxlight View Post
Sigh.
I hate to be *that guy*, but commercials featuring "I'll Be Home For Christmas" and "Santa Claus" ...
Can we just admit these things are CHRISTMAS ADS, not "Holiday Ads", please? WTF.
Why do you care what people call it? If any one wants to call it holiday instead of Christmas it in no way shape or form affects you in the least. So happy holidays bud.
AFDoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:31 AM   #61
kirky29
macrumors 65816

Send a message via Yahoo to kirky29 Send a message via Skype™ to kirky29
Enjoyed it!
kirky29 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:34 AM   #62
bassfingers
macrumors 6502

This commercial is so awkward
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:38 AM   #63
Michael Scrip
macrumors 68020

Quote:

iPad is already the king in tablet market. The name "iPad" will goes into dictionary, seriously. People will buy the big iPad if there is no small one in the market. I don't think Apple need to give customer choice in this case.

If Apple, for any bad reason, had started from a iPad mini first, then it make sense to release a more expensive bigger iPad to capture more money from high-end customers.
The 11" Macbook Air came after the 13" Macbook Air.

The iPod Mini, Nano and Shuffle came after the fullsize iPod.

And some people think the big iPad is a little too heavy.

Don't forget... EVERY Apple product makes a profit. It's not like Apple is suddenly selling the iPad Mini at cost like the other small tablet makers.

When someone buys the iPad Mini... Apple gets a certain amount of profit.

But when someone buys some cheap Android tablet... Apple gets ZERO dollars. The $399 and under market is an area of interest.

Yes... Apple is the king of the $499 tablet market. But they now have a chance to dominate another part of the market too.
Michael Scrip is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:49 AM   #64
dampfnudel
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandable View Post
Appropriately, grandpa has the large iPad. I've heard a couple of older iPad users say the iPad mini screen is just too small for them to read.
Too small or too fuzzy?
dampfnudel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:57 AM   #65
apple-win
macrumors regular

Quote:
The 11" Macbook Air came after the 13" Macbook Air.

The iPod Mini, Nano and Shuffle came after the fullsize iPod.

And some people think the big iPad is a little too heavy.

Don't forget... EVERY Apple product makes a profit. It's not like Apple is suddenly selling the iPad Mini at cost like the other small tablet makers.

When someone buys the iPad Mini... Apple gets a certain amount of profit.

But when someone buys some cheap Android tablet... Apple gets ZERO dollars. The $399 and under market is an area of interest.

Yes... Apple is the king of the $499 tablet market. But they now have a chance to dominate another part of the market too.
I was in Apple store several times, no one looked at 11" Macbook Air. It is a failure, the screen is small and non-touch screen, no 4G, short battery life. Get a 4G big iPad is more practical, better user experience and cheaper.

So far I havn't seen any people use other brand name tablet. Have you?
apple-win is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:57 AM   #66
gguerini
macrumors regular

If Apple was able to sell me one, I'd be happy. I've been trying to buy an iPad mini 16gb wifi for a few days and I can't find it in stock. Very disappointing...
gguerini is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:58 AM   #67
SirHaakon
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS82712 View Post
That girl's voice sounds extremely irritating
She's extremely autotuned.
SirHaakon is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:03 AM   #68
Michael Scrip
macrumors 68020

Quote:
I was in Apple store several times, no one looked at 11" Macbook Air. It is a failure, the screen is small and non-touch screen, no 4G, short battery life. Get a 4G big iPad is more practical, better user experience and cheaper.

So far I havn't seen any people use other brand name tablet. Have you?
Maybe people will buy the bigger iPad after all.

But isn't it better to have both options?

And before you answer... just know that Apple is smart. They've put lots of time into this... and they decided to offer a smaller iPad.

Now we can go back and forth... me supporting the iPad Mini... and you dissing it.

But it's a thing
Michael Scrip is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:09 AM   #69
Ice-Cube
macrumors 6502a

I really enjoyed this ad. Makes me look forward to spending time with my family during Christmas.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:12 AM   #70
apple-win
macrumors regular

Quote:
Maybe people will buy the bigger iPad after all.

But isn't it better to have both options?

And before you answer... just know that Apple is smart. They've put lots of time into this... and they decided to offer a smaller iPad.

Now we can go back and forth... me supporting the iPad Mini... and you dissing it.

But it's a thing
I'm talking from corporation point of view. I just don't understand the marketing guys in Apple, what's in their mind.

Indeed, I support customers. Customers should have more choices even though I prefer a big iPad
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:23 AM   #71
louis.b
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacc View Post
Apple is beginning to make weak commercials.. when jobs was around i was always impressed with the sound score behind the commercial as well as the storyline/outline of the commercial. not to creative anymore. seems like there trying to hard
yeah everything goes downhills since Jobs died, even though the people who did these stuff were still the same as those who did it when he was still alive. *roll eyes*
louis.b is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:25 AM   #72
Michael Scrip
macrumors 68020

Quote:

I'm talking from corporation point of view. I just don't understand the marketing guys in Apple, what's in their mind.

Indeed, I support customers. Customers should have more choices even though I prefer a big iPad
Well... Apple has always been very good at the "upsell" game.

11" too small? For just $200 more you can get the 13" model.

Remember when the old 8GB iPod Touch was $199... but for $299 you could get four times the space? You'd be crazy not to go for the better model.

Maybe the iPad line goes like this:

$329 - small crappy screen
$399 - big crappy screen
$499 - big excellent screen

It's good to have options.

But don't worry about Apple the corporation... they will make ridiculous amounts of money regardless.
Michael Scrip is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:32 AM   #73
apple-win
macrumors regular

Quote:
Well... Apple has always been very good at the "upsell" game.

11" too small? For just $200 more you can get the 13" model.

Remember when the old 8GB iPod Touch was $199... but for $299 you could get four times the space? You'd be crazy not to go for the better model.

Maybe the iPad line goes like this:

$329 - small crappy screen
$399 - big crappy screen
$499 - big excellent screen

It's good to have options.

But don't worry about Apple the corporation... they will make ridiculous amounts of money regardless.
You can do better marketing than Apple marketing guys/girls
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:33 AM   #74
Michael Scrip
macrumors 68020

Quote:
You can do better marketing than Apple marketing guys/girls
I'd take that job!

Hell... I wish they'd pay me to drive around and add POI to their maps!
Michael Scrip is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:33 AM   #75
jbee
macrumors member

Lamentable Advertising

Jobs would NEVER allow these awful Apple ads to be made public. Terrible terrible terrible. GOD!
jbee is offline   3 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion