Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ainkor

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
I bought a 32GB VZW LTE mini right from a Verizon store and I love the hell out of this device.

I've had an iPad 1, 2 and 3. They were all great devices, but the size of the mini is damn near perfect. I use it a crap ton for work and aside from the rare time I need to work on a detailed spreadsheet, I use my mini.

Even going from a retina display 3, it's not bad. Everything is a trade off and slightly lower resolution is a price I'm willing to pay for a much lighter more usable device.

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012
I bought a 32GB VZW LTE mini right from a Verizon store and I love the hell out of this device.

I've had an iPad 1, 2 and 3. They were all great devices, but the size of the mini is damn near perfect. I use it a crap ton for work and aside from the rare time I need to work on a detailed spreadsheet, I use my mini.

Even going from a retina display 3, it's not bad. Everything is a trade off and slightly lower resolution is a price I'm willing to pay for a much lighter more usable device.

Right. The main thing is I don't even think twice about bringing my ipad anymore because it's so small and light. I can see this being a total hit out in the field among people who work in vocations that require a lot of travel.

Izzybeff

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2010
I am another that thinks this is what they should have come out with originally. This has replaced my iPad 1, iPhone and my Nook. It goes everywhere with me and I use it for pretty much everything.

My only regret is that I would have gotten more storage, however if they come out with a better one i'll probably upgrade.

Esoom

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Colorado
I have a Nexus 7, iPad 2, iPad 3, Kindle Fire, PlayBook, HTC Flyer all gathering dust, haven't used one of them since getting the Mini.

The only one that comes close is the iPad 3, but it won't fit in my lab coat pocket or back pocket.

fteoath64

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2008
Yeah and the people at Apple "was not sure if the Mini" made any sense ???. Hello ?!. Are they ignorant or just plain arrogant ?. The size is near damn well perfect. Its weight can do with some shaving off. I wish it had a polycarbonate casing rather than darn aluminium. The aluminium is just too soft and dents easily. The screen beats most 1280 X 800 screens I have seen especially reading web and books. Nice fonts. Video looks real good as well and while full-screened is bigger than most 7 inch tablets. This is a feature that is very well appreciated only when viewed and compared. I wish it had nicer speakers with a better volume as well. As such, speaker quality is not bad in a small room but out in the open, one can barely hear it. A nice design. Apple should allow native viewing of remote files as this is a connected device for the home. It is a shame that one has to buy an app for that function alone.:eek:

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
Yeah and the people at Apple "was not sure if the Mini" made any sense ???. Hello ?!. Are they ignorant or just plain arrogant ?. The size is near damn well perfect. Its weight can do with some shaving off. I wish it had a polycarbonate casing rather than darn aluminium. The aluminium is just too soft and dents easily. The screen beats most 1280 X 800 screens I have seen especially reading web and books. Nice fonts. Video looks real good as well and while full-screened is bigger than most 7 inch tablets. This is a feature that is very well appreciated only when viewed and compared. I wish it had nicer speakers with a better volume as well. As such, speaker quality is not bad in a small room but out in the open, one can barely hear it. A nice design. Apple should allow native viewing of remote files as this is a connected device for the home. It is a shame that one has to buy an app for that function alone.:eek:

Actually, I find it too small.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Fantastic device. I also have an ipad 3 and the other half has an ipad 2.

Although I often switch between the mini and the 3, I never consider the screen of the mini as "terrible" like some have said. I think the mini has a fantastic screen and the 3 just has a "better" screen. I don't find myself missing retina on the smaller form factor because of the tighter PPI.

The other half has a mini on the way from Santa now :)

Maverick713

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2009
Houston, TX
its great, I use my mini daily for work and personal reasons and i have not had any issues. I went from the ipad 3 to the mini (apple let me return it) and I have not had any regrets.

isephmusic

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2012
If your a power user would the mini benefit me ? I feel like its not as professional enough as the 4. With an iPhone 5 I do a lot of reading anyway what are you guys using your iPad minis for ? Do the high end games run flawlessly ? Anyone used it for college class or notes ? Anyone used it in presentations GPS Nav or huge PDF ? I feel like the the processor will lag .... Ugh ill wait until iPad 5 announcement and make my choice . Hope it a light device 9 screen inch and close ro ten hour battery we have the tech for it stop trying to joke us around apple !!

errorunknown

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2011
I'am really enjoying the mini a lot more then the 9'7 inch iPad its just better for reading and things like that perfect for when traveling and you want to read something

I use my mini for about 6 hours a day every day without fail now
Before i had a mini i would only use my iPad a couple of hours a day
and that it i think it was more of the weight thing for me and i didn't
really use it much but the mini always been used for something in my hand

only a couple hours a day?? Seems like someone should go outside more often.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
It's replaced my browsing at home. I rarely use the MacBook Air (which I used to use everyday) now I use the air 2 times per week for encociding vids exclusively. I'd much rather use the mini than the iohone 5 or the air.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.