Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

///M Powah

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
Hawaii, US
Everyday I get a call from these numbers and they are telemarketers that pisses me off when I told them not to call me but they still do. How do I block these two numbers?

- AT&T User

2db1pn8.jpg

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
There is no way to block calls on an iPhone unless you jailbreak or get an Android. And before anyone starts, the iOS Do Not Disturb mode does not work and is a half baked implementation.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Not sure: you could copy them into your phone book with a dedicated name and assign a ring tone so you know you can ignore.
It don't really solve your problem but might help to manage it.

jer04

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2012
Townsville, Australia
try calling ur service provider and ask them to block that number for you. that's the ultimate solution i guess, unless they start to use a new number to call u.

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
try calling ur service provider and ask them to block that number for you. that's the ultimate solution i guess, unless they start to use a new number to call u.

I think AT&T charges you a monthly fee to block numbers if they even allow it.

Aug 5, 2012
OP why dont you just ignore the call?

Why all the need to make a song and dance about this?!

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Not sure: you could copy them into your phone book with a dedicated name and assign a ring tone so you know you can ignore.
It don't really solve your problem but might help to manage it.

That dedicated ring tone can be silent and the custom vibration muted to off.
They call you will never know until you see the missed call on the screen.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
The problem with these robo calls is if you ever aknowledge one of those calls by pushing 1, or another number per their instructions, it tells them they have reached a real number, and they turn around and sell it to others. You could notify the FCC, and these companies are fined $500 everytime. Most people never do. Luckily, with verizon, you can block up to 5 numbers for 90 days for free. All this works for spam messages too. Never respond by typing STOP, etc as they will know they have reached a real number.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
Get your carrier to black list them. Wow, that looks really annoying. I've never had a telemarketer reach me on my cell phone -- home phone, yes, but never my mobile device.

OP why dont you just ignore the call?

Why all the need to make a song and dance about this?!

Or he could find a way to get the harassing telemarketers blocked? Simply ignoring them is obviously not an option for OP. You should suggest something helpful, or don't suggest anything at all!

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Get your carrier to black list them. Wow, that looks really annoying. I've never had a telemarketer reach me on my cell phone -- home phone, yes, but never my mobile device.

Or he could find a way to get the harassing telemarketers blocked? Simply ignoring them is obviously not an option for OP. You should suggest something helpful, or don't suggest anything at all!

The only way to do it is ask/pay AT&T to block them (they may waiver the $5 if it's nuisance calls - most in the UK do), or have them change your number.

teleromeo

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2006
kidnapped by aliens
I don't have an iPhone so I may be wrong but I think I read somewhere that the best way to ignore such calls is to make a silent ringtone and assign the unwanted numbers to it.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I'm lucky I don't receive those annoying calls. My dad receives telemarketer calls on his work phone all the time.

Eric374

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2006
Wichita, Kansas
Answer the phone, talk to them for 1 minute, say "hold on a sec", put the phone down and walk away. Come back 1/2 later to see if they're still there....

Usually after the first time you do this they quit calling you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.