Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techkidd4400

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
Given that we are in the gift-buying and gift-receiving season, it's a perfect time to post features you have discovered about your iPhone 5 that seem to be hidden or undocumented.

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
There is a backdoor built into iOS 6 that the FBI and the NSA uses to spy on you. They can silently turn on the microphone, camera and GPS and record all the data remotely. That is why there have been so many complaints from iOS 6 users about poor battery life.

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
Well, I've noticed that bluetooth hides automatically even while it's on, but not connected. There's VPN logo when using Onavo. If you want to up volume, to really loud, there's yellow and red bars, and then if you want to continue to increase volume, you have to press volume up twice.

Browns2212

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
Orchard Park, NY
I'm sure this isn't new to iPhone users, but I just realized a couple of days ago that you can delete texts or emails easier than hitting Edit and then the "-" symbol or filling in the circles.

Basically if you swipe to the left, it simply brings up the "Delete" icon.

Definitley not some crazy new feature, but it was something that I didn't know about before a couple of days ago.

Also, I don't know of any new features the iPhone 5 has because most everything is done through iOS 6.

I guess the Lightning Adapter is new. So is the noise cancelling on calls? And the port for your earphones being on the bottom?

But this is my first ever iPhone so I don't have a lot to go on. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.