Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Sorry, sarcasm obviously doesn't translate well, I was facetiously pointing out the single most moronic argument that tends to come from the people that say consoles are ruining games.

Yea I was editing my post to include that I couldn't tell if it was sarcasm or not but I went through a tunnel and lost signal. It read more like a teenage girl from California, not a guy from Scotland :)

Dionte

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
Detroit
I like it.

I don't get how these new games don't support the iPhone 5 screen.

Last edited:

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
Awesome news, I played this game all the time when I had a Windows Phone. It's addicting.

RollTide1017

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2009
Montgomery, AL
Love my Xbox achievements, hope more games do this in the future. Love the Xbox Smartglass app, it has never crashed my iPad. I'd much rather have Xbox Live support on iOS games instead of Gamecenter.

jj47

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
Nice try Microsoft...

I still won't sign up to the rip off known as Xbox live. I'll stick with my far superior PS3 and its exclusives, thanks.

Morshu9001

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
the capital of Assyria
The XBox Live app is the only app I've ever seen that can make an iPad spontaneously hard reset. How did they even manage that? I'll be cautious with this.

"lolwut"
So, Microsoft has released a Microsoft version of Game Center? As if Game Center wasn't bad enough...

----------

It's not apple so it must suck right? Some of you are sadly so predictable.

Not a fan of these types of games but good for MS for some cross platform integration.

It's not that it's not Apple. It's that it's Microsoft of all things.

----------

And how did xbox ruin gaming? and how does an app you dont have to download ruin your phone?

The XBOX and the 360 took over a large part of the gaming console market only to be pieces of garbage that break for no reason but have very many good games. The PlayStations, on the other hand, were more reliable (not as good as Nintendo) but had terrible controllers and didn't have Halo. If there was no XBOX, maybe some other company would have something to compete with the PlayStation. But that's a weak point. I wish Nintendo just stayed with traditional controllers instead of pushing motion gaming gimmicks and also made their systems powerful enough to do the job of an XBOX or 360.

----------

"If you've played on Windows Phone or Window 8 and jump to the iOS version"

Window 8? I think there's a typo.

writingdevil

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
If you actually try this game, I think you'll find that it's nowhere near a clone of anything out there... The tournament aspect of it makes the game. Quick rounds (I think two minutes), where you're scrambling to find the top words.. At the end, it's cool to see what percentile you're in.. Achievements for finding the top word on a board.. They show common words, but you're finding obscure ones..

This is pretty addictive. Bravo MS for bringing this to iOS.

-- Apple Zealot

I've been playing Wurdle on my iPod since 2008 and the screen is exactly the same, rules are exactly the same, swipe words with a time limit, and you can play others. Although your breathless review does sound a bit like someone with a dog in the fight for this app. Maybe?

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK
Nice try Microsoft...

I still won't sign up to the rip off known as Xbox live. I'll stick with my far superior PS3 and its exclusives, thanks.

Blimey, If its not ios Vs Android its Xbox vs Playstation :rolleyes:

Cant some people have a proper discussion without the "Mines bigger then yours mentality"

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
Because it's not been updated in, like, EVER, and there's, like, developers who aren't even, like, bothering to make their games more graphically, like, good anymore etc. etc.

What do you call halo 4 and gears of war?

Anyway this is great, i wonder if they would ever think to port windows live to the mac?

jj47

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
Blimey, If its not ios Vs Android its Xbox vs Playstation :rolleyes:

Cant some people have a proper discussion without the "Mines bigger then yours mentality"

Fine then I'll revise my quote.

"Xbox live is a complete rip off and I will never opt in for it even if it does come to the iphone"

Happy?

Jason Garza

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2012
There should be a link to create a Xbox live account on the login screen. I am to lazy to google search for it. :)

Morshu9001

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
the capital of Assyria
Fine then I'll revise my quote.

"Xbox live is a complete rip off and I will never opt in for it even if it does come to the iphone"

Happy?

You pay for P2P game hosting... Meaning you and others are hosting it, not Microsoft. Big ripoff.

----------

Nice try Microsoft...

Superior except that there's no Halo, and the controller is bad :p
N64 and GameCube are better than both anyway.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Only real difference from Boggle is this game assigns points to each letter, Scrabble-style. In Boggle you get a fixed amount of points depending on word length only, regardless of the letters used. I always preferred Big Boggle (5x5 grid).

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
The XBOX and the 360 took over a large part of the gaming console market only to be pieces of garbage that break for no reason but have very many good games. The PlayStations, on the other hand, were more reliable.

Hmm since PS3 came out, I had to replace it 4 times due to various faults. Xbox I only replaced once and that's cos I wanted to swap my original release one for the newer small one... :p

Vetvito

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Hmm since PS3 came out, I had to replace it 4 times due to various faults. Xbox I only replaced once and that's cos I wanted to swap my original release one for the newer small one... :p

Xbox 360 had a 60% failure rate. Just saying.... I'm on my 4th(slim version with no problems).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.