Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bennetthall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2012
Oakland
recently upgraded iTunes on a windows 7 laptop per push from Apple to 11.00.163

Ever since that upgrade, the connection to the Airport base station has failed - usual rebooting and protocols done - therefore something working perfectly fine now no longer works after the Apple pushed upgrade

Has anyone dealt with this issue and resolved it? I am not much of a PC person but have the laptop around as a low cost portable

living in a tuneless world sudden:confused:ly

thank you

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Are you using the AirPort Express for Internet as well, or just AirPlay? Are you joined to the Express' network when trying to select it for audio output? Go into AirPrt Utility and check to see if you are lacking a firmware update, or to try toggling AirPlay off and back on. If nothing else works, consider resetting the Express and reconfiguring it from scratch. This article has a overview of the applicable troubleshooting steps.

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
living in a tuneless world sudden:confused:ly

Have you tried to deactivate IPv6 in the system preferences (network settings)?
Did it for me most of the time, but once in a while only rebooting the router or Mac helps...the problems are around since 10.8.

bennetthall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2012
Oakland
airportfail to windows 7 LP

thanks - crazy busy with the holidaze - and shifted to the Mac Pro to play music which is on another floor as a stop gap - the simple upgrade IMO should not have fried the Airport - oh well...

I was only using this for the upstairs windows laptop - to play music via APE - internet is wireless - we just jot a new DLINK-DIR-645 for the wireless/plasma/blue ray/ etc/ as we understood it had a greater range - although to date we have not been able to get it to work due to some driver issue we presume.

I am rather hopeless with windows machines but will try your ideas and logic ASAP

happy holidays!

Are you using the AirPort Express for Internet as well, or just AirPlay? Are you joined to the Express' network when trying to select it for audio output? Go into AirPrt Utility and check to see if you are lacking a firmware update, or to try toggling AirPlay off and back on. If nothing else works, consider resetting the Express and reconfiguring it from scratch. This article has a overview of the applicable troubleshooting steps.

bennetthall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2012
Oakland
update

All efforts have failed on this mission -

workaround has been streaming from the downstairs Mac Pro, which works fine, or using the windows 7 laptop as a terminal to control the MP from the upper floor which is silly. Even the old Dell LP works fine but we did not make the mistake of upgrading the iTunes....

oh well- windows.... ugh

thanks - crazy busy with the holidaze - and shifted to the Mac Pro to play music which is on another floor as a stop gap - the simple upgrade IMO should not have fried the Airport - oh well...

I was only using this for the upstairs windows laptop - to play music via APE - internet is wireless - we just jot a new DLINK-DIR-645 for the wireless/plasma/blue ray/ etc/ as we understood it had a greater range - although to date we have not been able to get it to work due to some driver issue we presume.

I am rather hopeless with windows machines but will try your ideas and logic ASAP

happy holidays!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.