Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:01 PM   #1
als88
macrumors newbie

Is it possible to create an apple ID for another country?

I want to create an account for the UK app/itunes store. Anyone done something similar? As far as i know u need a credit card to register an apple ID. Or could i just buy the iTunes gift card and use it without an ID
als88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:14 AM   #2
Zcott
macrumors 68020

I'm pretty sure you can register with just a gift card. If you want a UK iTunes card send me a PM.
Zcott is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:29 AM   #3
ChristianJapan
macrumors Demi-God

It is technically possible; you can enter NONE as credit card. you still need to enter a correct address. But its against the TOS. That said there were some cases where Apple locked the accounts used from other countries. Plus if you download apps on two different ID update can be pain; you need to switch the store each time.

I actually have two ID because of international relocation and finally repurchased some apps. Apple really makes it user-unfriendly here; if you can avoid: better avoid.
Member of MacRumors.com Folding@Home Team (#3446) & developer of the F@H Mobile Monitoring app.
ChristianJapan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2013, 10:01 PM   #4
bigticket6
macrumors newbie

Need uk apple id

Can one of two let me borrow your uk apple id so I can get a fantasy footy app. It's free.
bigticket6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2013, 10:06 PM   #5
ChristianJapan
macrumors Demi-God

Seriously ?

I don't think that would be a good idea.
Member of MacRumors.com Folding@Home Team (#3446) & developer of the F@H Mobile Monitoring app.
ChristianJapan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2013, 10:11 PM   #6
Lammercy
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigticket6 View Post
Can one of two let me borrow your uk apple id so I can get a fantasy footy app. It's free.
Lmao did you really just ask that? I have several Apple ID's from different countries, when asked for an address I just search a public company in that country and use the address found on their website. No one is going to give you their Apple ID.
Lammercy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2014, 01:15 AM   #7
blarivee
macrumors 6502

Edit: Ugh, old thread.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammercy View Post
Lmao did you really just ask that? I have several Apple ID's from different countries, when asked for an address I just search a public company in that country and use the address found on their website. No one is going to give you their Apple ID.
Curious, when you login in say in the US with one from a different country, does it reset to the US?
blarivee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2014, 06:47 PM   #8
Lammercy
macrumors regular

It will redirect you or prompt you to create a login for whichever countries store you are attempting to access.
Lammercy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone