Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:24 AM   #1
iAll
macrumors member

Windows 7

I'm running Parallels 7 with XP on my iMac and 10.8.2. I have a Windows 7 Ultimate 32/64 iso to install. Can I use this for the upgrade and do i do it while in XP?
Thanks
iAll is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:34 AM   #2
charlieegan3
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAll View Post
I'm running Parallels 7 with XP on my iMac and 10.8.2. I have a Windows 7 Ultimate 32/64 iso to install. Can I use this for the upgrade and do i do it while in XP?
Thanks
Mount the iso to the v machine and reboot, then upgrade install I think.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 04:53 PM   #3
iAll
macrumors member

Thanks Charlie.
What I ended up doing was to leave the exe file on the Mac desktop and switch over to XP. The file was sitting on the XP desktop and i installed it. I then updated parallel's 7 tools and drivers and wallah! It was surprisingly seamless. I did lose most of my apps. I don't use them anyway, I just need to have access to my vendor's web based software.
iAll is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac