Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ste0803

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
Gateshead//Newcastle/UK
I almost can't believe it, but mine is PREPARING FOR SHIPMENT! Saw it when I woke up. Yesyesyesss!!!:D

Ordered nov. 30, delivery date 2-7 jan.

+1

SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!

UK, ORDERED 30TH.

•3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
•8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
•1TB Fusion Drive
•NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
•MAGIC TRACKPAD-Z
•Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-B
•COUNTRY KIT-B

Trogledyte Mac

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2006
So in reality, your wired payment may have only cleared three to five days afterwards?

It was more... almost 8 days for changing to “available to ship” Phoned Apple help line just before it change and they told that it was normal????

petraidm

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2010
More of the same ... nothing happening

Apple processed a hold request on my Credit Card as of 1:17 AM PST on 12/21 (thank you fraud alerts) but my apple status is still "Processing" ... This is utterly ridiculous

Ordered 11/30 @2:00PM PST
- 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
- 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
- 3TB Fusion DriveNVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
It was more... almost 8 days for changing to “available to ship” Phoned Apple help line just before it change and they told that it was normal????

wired transfer should not take that long... But who knows with banks these days. So if you ordered on the 30th, then paid by wire transfer and that took 8 days, that means in reality your order went into the queue on the 8th? That would explain unspecified Jan.

Bertvm

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
NL
I almost can't believe it, but mine is PREPARING FOR SHIPMENT! Saw it when I woke up. Yesyesyesss!!!:D

Ordered nov. 30, delivery date 2-7 jan.

Congrats! Mine is still beeing processed ..... Ordered 30 nov, paid 30 nov. Still no change come on Apple ...

Bowcaps

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
Cornwall, UK
Ordered on 30th November 2012

22 days, 6 hours and 14 minutes - processing

23 hours preparing to ship

Now showing as shipped, but 3 hours in and no itinerary or flight details

Original Delivery forecast was 2nd - 8th January 2013, now delivery is forecast on or before 4th January 2013.

It's definitely a roller coaster ride waiting for the shiny precious.

I think there will be 'some' disruption over the holidays, but all things being equal - early 2013 will see the last PC being switch off in our house whilst the rise of apple continues. :D

Bintje

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
Did I already told you that mine was shipped a few hours ago? First with 4 jan delivery date, but now it shows dec 27! :D :D

snugja

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2006
The randomness in which they are processing these might have to do with the countries they are being shipped to. That's the only thing that comes to mind. Maybe they decided to ship to the US first? Sucks, but that could be the case.

dreamk73

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2012
I ordered mine on Nov 30 and was given a Dec 31 to Jan 7 delivery estimate. It shipped on Dec 17 and arrived on the 20th (even though the delivery estimate kept changing). I'm in the US, Pacific NW.

Bowcaps

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
Cornwall, UK
Did I already told you that mine was shipped a few hours ago? First with 4 jan delivery date, but now it shows dec 27! :D :D

Bintje, do you have your shipment on a flight yet? checking expeditors I have no flight or carrier details as of 1700 GMT.

gielie

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
Amsterdam
Orderd on the 30th and my status went from 21 dec to January and still processing, what the hell is going on? They really piss me off.

petraidm

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2010
The randomness in which they are processing these might have to do with the countries they are being shipped to. That's the only thing that comes to mind. Maybe they decided to ship to the US first? Sucks, but that could be the case.

Not shipping to US first for sure.. There have been plenty of machines ordered AFTER mine globally that have shipped while I am stuck at still processing !!!!

snugja

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2006
Not shipping to US first for sure.. There have been plenty of machines ordered AFTER mine globally that have shipped while I am stuck at still processing !!!!

Weird! Sorry to hear. What s your config? I ordered a maxed out 27" on the 7th including the SSD and it'll be here tomorrow.

petraidm

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2010
Weird! Sorry to hear. What s your config? I ordered a maxed out 27" on the 7th including the SSD and it'll be here tomorrow.

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

Ordered 11/30 @2:00 pm PST

Bowcaps

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
Cornwall, UK
Apple order processing sucks ... Ordered 11/30 and STILLL PROCESSING:mad:

I'm not sure there is any logic to orders, however looking at quite a few of the threads it appears that BTO's are batched to country's, it may be that they build 50 for a particular country, then 50 for a different country etc etc. Then they ship the 50 to their respective countries each day.

I'm not saying that's definitely the logic, but it may be.

Hopefully yours will finish processing and be built and shipped soon. :)

macuserpl

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
Szczecin, Poland

Poland - Ordered on Dec 3rd, shipped on Dec 17th, delivery date Dec 28th :)

snugja

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2006
I'm not sure there is any logic to orders, however looking at quite a few of the threads it appears that BTO's are batched to country's, it may be that they build 50 for a particular country, then 50 for a different country etc etc. Then they ship the 50 to their respective countries each day.

I'm not saying that's definitely the logic, but it may be.

Hopefully yours will finish processing and be built and shipped soon. :)

That makes sense to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.