Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrmike316

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
Does anyone know if I can swap my unlimited AT&T iPhone data plan over to my mini ipad,I don't have a data plan yet for my ipad.Was hoping to move my unlimited iPhone data plan to the ipad and just get a different plan for my iPhone.Thanks

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
I don't think you can. As far as I know, you'd have to take out a second, separate data plan for your tablet device -- your mobile data plan is non-transferable.

iPagan

macrumors regular
May 31, 2010
On the other hand, if you have an unlimited data plan on your iPad with ATT, you can transfer it to your iPad Mini.

cheezeit

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Dallas, TX
If you have a Verizon iPad you can. Att doesn't detect it and it'll still work. I'm rocking my Verizon iPad mini with att dumb phone unlimited data :) $20 a month and I can use it as a phone

mrmike316

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
On the other hand, if you have an unlimited data plan on your iPad with ATT, you can transfer it to your iPad Mini.

No I don't,it's my first ipad.Just trying to get maximum usage out of my AT&T data plan.So does AT&T charge an activation fee to start a separate ipad data plan ?

----------

If you have a Verizon iPad you can. Att doesn't detect it and it'll still work. I'm rocking my Verizon iPad mini with att dumb phone unlimited data :) $20 a month and I can use it as a phone

Well I bought the AT&T ipad, maybe I should have gotten the Verizon ipad.

iPagan

macrumors regular
May 31, 2010
Your best bet is to ask folks in the know or ATT.

I don't have an iPhone, only a 3G 1st Gen iPad. When I signed on the now grandfathered unlimited data plan with ATT, no, there was NO activation fee.

But you say you have an iPhone, so your case is different.

cheezeit

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Dallas, TX
No I don't,it's my first ipad.Just trying to get maximum usage out of my AT&T data plan.So does AT&T charge an activation fee to start a separate ipad data plan ?

----------

Well I bought the AT&T ipad, maybe I should have gotten the Verizon ipad.

Ya only downside is no lte

lyngo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007

How are you able to get unlimited data on AT&T for $20?

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I have unlimited data on my AT&T iPhone 5 (grandfathered from original iPhone). Can I just take the sim out of my iPhone 5 and stick it in my iPad mini?

cheezeit

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Dallas, TX
I have unlimited data on my AT&T iPhone 5 (grandfathered from original iPhone). Can I just take the sim out of my iPhone 5 and stick it in my iPad mini?

As stated before it'll work with the Verizon iPad mini not the AT&T one. Just gotta configure it and your good to go,

----------

How are you able to get unlimited data on AT&T for $20?

$10 add a line + $10 unlimited dumb phone data aka media net = $20 data for my non AT&T aka Verizon iPad =) no let but no cap either and I can FaceTime on the go

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.