Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hab299

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2012
Anyone of you they have problems with the new imac?? Since November 30 I change two machine and I still have the same problems! :mad:

Hab299

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2012
problem of frozen and face time not working

----------

I buy the 21.5-inch: 2.7GHz
2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz
8GB (two 4GB) memory
1TB hard drive1
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M with 512MB

what one you buy ?

iWaiting

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2012
If you have had two and have the same software problem then the problem may lie between keyboard and chair :D

David632

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
Anyone of you they have problems with the new imac?? Since November 30 I change two machine and I still have the same problems! :mad:

Did I read that correctly , you have had 2 27" exchanges of the new imac ? Thought they were in short supply ?

Hab299

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2012
Did I read that correctly , you have had 2 27" exchanges of the new imac ? Thought they were in short supply ?

no it's two 21.5 ", I had problem with saafari especially with the page of safari becomes frozenoften! !! the support technician could not solve the problems. they told me to go and change the machine again!

bflowers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2006
What other software are you putting on these machines? What website are you having problems with in Safari. Clearly there is something else going on here.

Hab299

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2012
What other software are you putting on these machines? What website are you having problems with in Safari. Clearly there is something else going on here.

I didn't put no other software ! The problem arise mainly by expanding the Web page with the two fingers using the trakpad.

I tried to solve the problem with the Apple technical support by phone .For five days we have try many things with the second machine. We have try to make many many things and without any result!!!

David632

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
no it's two 21.5 ", I had problem with saafari especially with the page of safari becomes frozenoften! !! the support technician could not solve the problems. they told me to go and change the machine again!

Sorry mate, miss read

Hab299

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2012
I'm no expert but couldn't all these problems be with your Internet connection? I've had no problems with mine whatsoever.

We try with a master advisor To solve the problem , finally he told to return the imac for Exchange.

The internet didnt have anything with the problem

I have an iPad , iPhone , PC a MacBook Pro and everything works perfectly with my Internet connection !!!

the.sheepdog

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2009
Central FL
Might be crazy but sounds like an IRQ conflict to me. That causes freezes.

But I have never seen a mac do any shenanigans before. My 2007 was perfect and still is (2 core) The this year 21.5 I just got from my dad is awesome also. and quicker. (core5)

The only thing I dont like is more more firewire. I have backups and will have to buy a new enclosure for the HD to be able to connect to the newer iMac.

Boo Hiss.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.