Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do u turn off your ipad when not in used?

• Yes

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 29 82.9%

• Total voters

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
"When not used" -> hardly ever happen. I just close the cover and let the magnets switch off the screen. The few hours in night time it's "sleeping" beside me.

:eek: Do you really fully switch off ? Is that even possible ? ;)

ipos

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 4, 2011
"When not used" -> hardly ever happen. I just close the cover and let the magnets switch off the screen. The few hours in night time it's "sleeping" beside me.

:eek: Do you really fully switch off ? Is that even possible ? ;)

Yes, i do switch it off.
beside, it saves battery life and the components could get some "rest"

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I never have, nor do I ever plan on starting. The little battery life it could save is not worth it to me. I'd much rather be able to just pickup the device and it's already on.

pommie82

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
uk
I always switch off my iPad there no point wasting power and i always switch my mac off and my iPhone

(You wouldn't leave you car on the drive ticking over wasting fuel)

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
My iPad is always charging when not in use for hours, usually only overnight. The ipad automatically turns back on when plugged in. I don't know when I would even be able to power this thing off.

S

syd430

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 86

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
Yes, i do switch it off.
beside, it saves battery life and the components could get some "rest"
It saves barely any battery life unless you get lots of notifications which light up the screen all the time. And well, that "give the components some rest"-argument... I don't know what to say to that. The idea of an iPad is that you can pick it up anytime, immediately slide to unlock and do what you gotta do, so if you think about it, the iPad is made to be in stand-by (and not to be turned off).

S

syd430

I always switch off my iPad there no point wasting power and i always switch my mac off and my iPhone

:confused:

A lot of weird replies in this thread.

One of the main advantages of iDevices is that they are instant-on.

It's even stranger when talking about a phone.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
iPads are computers.
Laptops are computers.
Desktops are computers.

Do you shut off your computer entirely when not in use? Or do you let it sleep? I put my computers to sleep (unless I have to restart the computer for an update). My iPad is almost never shut off completely unless I'm restoring, rebooting, or I expect to be gone from my iPad for an extensive amount of time (days).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.