Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
So, I have a Mac and 10 thousands songs, ripped from Cds or downloaded. I want to email them to my mother iPad. When I do this, we can open a quictime at the Mail app, but I want to transfer them to iTunes

How do I do this? Isnt there something about authoring?

Please note: I dont have Apple id, I dont own any iOS. My mother does.

I hear rumors that icloud can do it but I own simply a Mac, running Snow Leopard with no iCloud. I do have a PC, can I put icloud in it? will it work?

Help is apreciated.

Nebulance

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2010
From my experience, I don't think you can add songs to iTunes on iPad -- you would have to sync it to your computer like an iPod or iPhone.

As for iCloud on PC -- yes, all you need to do is sign up with your apple ID or get one if you don't have it. iCloud is simply a server somewhere that stores data that we access remotely, so there's no need for 'putting it in a PC'. It works for all platforms, or at least I don't see why not. Now, I'm referring to the website itself where you can look at your data -- but if you want your computer to sync to your devises and vice-versa, then you would need a Mac, since it's built into the OS and its apps to interact with iCloud, and of course it's not on a PC, at least as far as I know of. That is, I'm not sure if Safari for windows would interact with iCloud the way it would on Mac OS X, maybe someone else knows?

But you should use iCloud -- it's great having your documents and photos, etc showing up on your devices!

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
iCloud doesn't work that way for music. There isn't a place you can just put music files on iCloud and they show up anywhere. Your mother would need to sign up for iTunes Match (24.99/yr) and then you would sign in to iTunes with the Apple ID she used to sign up for it.

Once signed up, any music you have in iTunes would then show up in her music app with the option of then downloading them to the device. It would be easier if you just signed her up for iTunes Match on your Windows machine. But keep in mind, anything you add to iTunes will be "sent" to her iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.