Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whoawoah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Prose is a blog editor designed for the iPad. With a simple and intuitive editor, you will be up and blogging in no time. Prose currently supports WordPress (including WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress websites), and Blogger.

Features
  • Create new posts, or edit existing ones with just a few taps
  • Format your posts with the rich text editor and never worry about HTML tags
  • Easily add images from your iPad with the photo browser
  • Resize and reflow your images with the inline image editor
  • Browse through your posts and pages with image and text previews
  • Manage multiple blogs at the same time
  • Work offline and manage your posts without an internet connection
  • Share your published posts with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, or via Mail

App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id587751524

Screenshots

whoawoah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Does Prose screw up the formatting in your text like Blogpress? If not then I might check it out.

Unfortunately I have not used Blogpress myself, but in terms of formatting, Prose does all its formatting within WebKit and the HTML code that comes out of Prose comes directly from the WebKit. This is basically the same as if you used WordPress or Blogger's rich text editor on your desktop browser.

Last edited by a moderator:

whoawoah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Oh. iPad only?

I don't think I'll be alone in saying 'no thanks'.

Programs like this come as a universal app. That's how it goes.

Indeed, it's currently iPad only for now due to time constraints. However, a port to the iPhone (a la universal app) is currently in the works, and I will definitely update this thread once that is ready. Thanks for your input!

udontno

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2011
VA, USA
Does this let you view/manage comments and see the hits on your blog?

I'm really looking for an app that will allow me to not only update my blog, but check to see who has commented and how many hits my posts have gotten.

whoawoah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Comments management/reply will be included in the next update. However, viewing blog stats is beyond the scope of this app as there are many other stats tracking apps out there that can do this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.