Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ipad_4_china-150x105.jpg
Japanese blog Mac Otakara is reporting that a redesigned fifth-generation iPad could arrive in March 2013.
However Chinese news ZOL (CBS Interactive) reported next iPad mini in AppleInsider's article, according to my inside source, iPad(5th) may be released in March, 2013.

Source told that, design of this new iPad will be like iPad mini in detail, and be thinner and lightweight.
Apple just released the fourth-generation iPad about two months ago, which could make this fifth-generation iPad, if the report is true, the second in five months. The design is said to have taken inspiration from the iPad mini and will be thinner and more lightweight. According to the site, the new iPad will 4mm, 17mm and 2mm smaller in height, width, and depth than the current models.

Previously, Digitimes also reported that a new iPad could appear in the "Middle of 2013". Except for the fourth-generation iPad and iPad mini, new iPads are have traditionally released in the first couple months of the year.

Mac Otakara has been a source of accurate information in the past, predicting the design of this year's iPod Nano and iPod Touch.

Article Link: Thinner, Lighter 5th Generation iPad to Arrive in March 2013?

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
“We are just getting started. We're not taking our foot off the gas,” CEO Tim Cook said at the media event.

I

iFanboy

I think the message from Apple to Consumers is clear:-

"Stop expecting to have the latest model for a pre-determined amount of time before we release a newer model"

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
You just need to be much richer to have the latest and greatest from Apple. :(

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
I am glad that they are shifting design directions, if only with their iOS devices. Aluminum is getting tiresome.

louis.b

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2012
Sydney
For such a big thing as the ipad thinner may not be a good idea I suppose. LIghter is definitely better.

SpamJunkie

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2003
People used to complain that Apple products were updated so infrequently as compared to PCs, now they get flack for updating too quickly, ha.

If this is true I just hope the iPad mini with retina isn't far behind.

Delirium7

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
I had zero complaints or misgivings about my iPad until I held a mini. Now if only they made it lighter...well hot dog!

NoNothing

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2003
Why?

Why is the simplest question to ask. The 4th Gen iPad got the A6X right? Still a hot and great processor running on an OS that is very tight and light weight from a resource standpoint.

This sounds like a rumor created by the competition to try and stop prospective buyers from committing.

sputnikv

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2009
are we really complaining that the ipad is being upgraded so relatively soon? your current ipad isn't going to be any worse

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.