|Dec 24, 2012, 01:58 AM||#1|
Impressions after setting up my IPT5 (incl. FLAC files !)
I purchased my IPT5 this on Sat Dec 22nd and was able to set it up the following day on Dec 23rd. It was an easy process and as a bonus I was able to download the apps I purchased a while ago but wouldn't fit on my 2nd gen iPod.
- Great feeling when holding the device. It feels very high-end. Handling with care so it stays in perfect condition (while it lasts).
- The screen is very nice. A great improvement.
- The extra length is just fine for a one-hand operation. I just use my 'pinky' to 'sit' the bottom part while my thumb goes upwards.
- Nothing but high praise for the device ... but not so much for the earpods. I won't be using them as they do not hold still in the ears. Maybe I'll try again but so far they're not comfortable/stable in the ears. I'm using the ones that came with my Sony MP3 and they're great for holding still.
- For my taste I got the black on black iPod. I find it to be the best combination as it makes the device more 'discreet' / 'uniform' / 'classy' (again IMHO). Color would have been nice but the all black is perfect for me.
- As mentioned before I was able to upgrade my apps and use the ones I purchased a while back but were not compatible with my 2nd gen iPod (made that mistake once or twice).
- The camera is nice to use.
- I was EXTREMELY pleased with the fact that I was able to add an APP that deals with FLAC files. I found out you can import whatever you want through iTunes... and I was able to upload 12 songs (avg 75MB per song)... and listen to them via this new APP... and the sound is quite good... I have yet to do a comparison test but this is very promising.
- There are tons of APP and features I have yet to discover and this will be fun. Being able to load and listen to FLAC files made my day. It confirms my choice of not going with Android; I did not need all the flexibility is supposedly brings. I'm sure it's a great environment and would probably have liked it but iOS brings me plenty of things to 'play with' and I do not have to upload an Antivirus on my iPOD as I was told it is needed on Android.
Without considering the earpods (maybe I'll learn to use/enjoy them eventually but probably not before I purchase a high-end set) this is a perfect score of 10 for me. Apple products are indeed probably more expensive than others ... but I have never been disappointed with any purchase we made... starting with the iMac in 2009, the iPad recently and now this iPod.
In the end the ROI (for me) is excellent and looks even more promising in the near future.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Add-on to play FLAC files in iTunes?||Iphone4sinwhite||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||3||Nov 12, 2014 03:59 PM|
|Streaming .flac music files||ljcarr||Mac mini||3||Oct 30, 2013 04:49 PM|
|Updated iPT5?||bigloudbang||iPod touch||2||Mar 31, 2013 11:27 PM|
|Why is my waveburner can't import FLAC files [to be burned]? The FLAC files can't be||the hippie||MacBook Pro||0||Mar 30, 2013 06:44 PM|
|Must have apps for IPT5 - still ok ?||AbacabMR||iPod touch||4||Nov 6, 2012 07:24 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.