Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:52 AM   #1
musicpenguy
macrumors 6502a

Multiple Account Support on ATV - How's It Work?

I own an Apple TV 3 and am thinking of giving one as a gift in a few months.

Here's what I want to be able to do. Sign into my iTunes account so my Mom (who I'd like to give it to) has access to all of my TV show and movie purchases from iTunes in the Cloud. She doesn't buy too much content, but likes to rent every now and then.

So I'd like to give her access to stream my purchases and then use her own account to rent and buy whatever she wants.

I know the Apple TV has multiple account support. Does it do it in a way where it'll make people enter passwords to make a purchase? Say just on my account and remember her account password?

If anyone has tried a similar setup I'd love to hear how it works.

Thanks
Tim

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater