Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
i dont think the hackers are even working on it. why the heck they cant release the failbreak to everyone.!!

Are you a hacker? How do you know this? Because they don't tweet every step they make?

And as already said, the failbreak cannot be released because it would be technically illegal to utilize let alone distribute. That said, it also could provide valuable insight into future 'legal' jailbreaks so they don't wanna throw away any potential exploits.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
i dont think the hackers are even working on it. why the heck they cant release the failbreak to everyone.!!

You are so short sighted !

Despite the obvious problems with the requirement to be registered as a developer, as soon as the failbreak sees the light of day, Apple would quickly eliminate all the exploits in the release of 6.1

We would never see an untethered jailbreak for 6.1 or newer devices.

Imagine how loudly you would complain when that would happen.

Dr Sam Beckett

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2012

Despite the obvious problems with the requirement to be registered as a developer, as soon as the failbreak sees the light of day, Apple would quickly eliminate all the exploits in the release of 6.1

..you dont have to be registered as a dev to use the failbreak ;)

https://twitter.com/chpwn/status/280423863572111360

but yeah i agree.. people need to chill and let the devs do their thing

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
ok i have an iphone 5 with unlimited plan that i am not willing to give up. i need a hotspot for my ipad mini for school (i take night classes and they turn off the wireless at night) i was looking into the pay as you go hotspots but they are expensive. and i use over 5gig a month on my iphone as it is so i can't and won't change plans.

anyone know even a little bit of enough to tell me if we can expect a JB for the iphone 5 in the next 2 months or should i buy a shotspot'''';

BlueRaider

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012
Buy a hotspot or trade your iPhone for a Galaxy S3 or Nexus 4. You could also trade the iPad for a cellular equipped model. I don't expect to see a jailbreak before March at the earliest. AT&T has caught on to everybody tethering without a plan and its gotten to the point that it's almost not worth losing the unlimited data over (I have the same plan btw) now since they seem to be catching people no matter what device and method.

NewAnger

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Denver Colorado
And if enough people do this, then maybe apple will realize and give us more options at least....

Not enough people care about a JB to bother let alone the millions out there who don't even know what a JB is or even bothered to update the FW on their phone since the day they bought it.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
So what are the chance of a jailbreak being released for the Ipod touch 5th generation? I don't mind how long it takes for a jailbreak to be released, but I want to know if a jailbreak will be released for the Ipod touch 5th gen.

It's going to be release this thread has a bunch of trolling. iPad 3 took forever to jailbreak, it still came.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
Are you a hacker? How do you know this? Because they don't tweet every step they make?

And as already said, the failbreak cannot be released because it would be technically illegal to utilize let alone distribute. That said, it also could provide valuable insight into future 'legal' jailbreaks so they don't wanna throw away any potential exploits.

duh there has been no update from them on this. that is why i can say that.

----------

the same question for you. HOW can you say that you wont get a jailbreak for 6.1 or newer devices. you are so short SIGHTED. dude there has been no response from them on this. they arent even working on it. so how do you think you will be getting the jailbreak for 6.0,6.0.1,6.0.2???

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Maybe because dhlizard is a bit closer to the sources than most of us...

Besides that, the main players have given some subtle hints lately, so yes they are working on it, that you choose not to accept that is fine with me.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
duh there has been no update from them on this. that is why i can say that.

----------

the same question for you. HOW can you say that you wont get a jailbreak for 6.1 or newer devices. you are so short SIGHTED. dude there has been no response from them on this. they arent even working on it. so how do you think you will be getting the jailbreak for 6.0,6.0.1,6.0.2???

Just because the hackers who are working on the current jailbreak have not chosen to provide updates does not mean there is no one working on it.

Those of us who have been part of the jailbreak community for more than a wisp of time are used to not hearing regular updates during the creation of a new jailbreaks. The exception to this pattern was @pod2g, the hacker who provided much of the work for the last jailbreak. He was one to give loads of progress reports.
But that is not the norm. This time, as in almost every jailbreak in the past years, there are very few updates provided. And yet the jailbreaks have come on a regular basis.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
It's going to be release this thread has a bunch of trolling. iPad 3 took forever to jailbreak, it still came.

No. iPad 3 came out in mid march and the waif for its jailbreak was shorter than that of the 4S

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
ok i have an iphone 5 with unlimited plan that i am not willing to give up. i need a hotspot for my ipad mini for school (i take night classes and they turn off the wireless at night) i was looking into the pay as you go hotspots but they are expensive. and i use over 5gig a month on my iphone as it is so i can't and won't change plans.

anyone know even a little bit of enough to tell me if we can expect a JB for the iphone 5 in the next 2 months or should i buy a shotspot'''';

This may sound nuts, but it will work:
Purchase a used original iPhone2G and also a sim adapter. When you need a hotspot you can place your iP5 sim in the 2G (jailbroken with, "www.jailbreak.me" on 3.1.3) and use the EDGE network. Not super fast, but get the job done with tethering.
When you're done tethering place the iP5 sim back into your iPhone5 and you're set.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Purchase a used original iPhone2G and also a sim adapter. When you need a hotspot you can place your iP5 sim in the 2G (jailbroken with, "www.jailbreak.me" on 3.1.3) and use the EDGE network. Not super fast, but get the job done with tethering.
When you're done tethering place the iP5 sim back into your iPhone5 and you're set.

Can't he just use tether.com?

Last edited:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Tethering over Edge network would be very painfull bro.
Why not do what you suggested but purchase a used iphone 3G instead?
Then he can tether at least using 3G speeds and any iphone 3G can be JB untethered on 4.2.1 and use tetherme, mywi, pdanet etc...

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Sounds good. I just thought as he would never get caught with AT&T using EDGE for tethering and likely might using 3G that would be his best play.

(Works for me.)

ACardAttack

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2010

I don't think anyone here is trolling, there is even a link posted by a jailbraker saying apple made it harder with 6.1...everyone knows it is getting harder, I still believe there will be a jailbreak, but the question is when...we got one I think it was mid January 2012 for the 4s...I think it will be later than that for the 5/iOS6

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I don't think anyone here is trolling, there is even a link posted by a jailbraker saying apple made it harder with 6.1...everyone knows it is getting harder, I still believe there will be a jailbreak, but the question is when...we got one I think it was mid January 2012 for the 4s...I think it will be later than that for the 5/iOS6

I agree it's going to take awhile.

cheezeit

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Dallas, TX
Last year at least we got hints of an upcoming jailbreak from pod2g, but this year I've seen nothing.

Pod2g said a while ago he stopped working on the jailbreak scene and wouldn't be working on an ios 6 jailbreak.

Neither has musclenerd said anything in months.

Last year it was released at the end of December, but since there is no evidence of anyone working on it right now I'd say there won't be anytime soon.

I don't know if the jailbreak scene is over or not, but it sure looks like it.

We saw it coming. I don't care too much since I now have a SGS3 and it can be jailbreak and tweaked very easily and its awesome.

You mean rooted? Kinda funny when people leave the iOS scene and go t android and when they root their devices they still call it "jail breaking"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.