Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Yep, I got one today, and a two twitter emails where a member sent me a message asking if they can post my video (i never heard of them, and I don't do videos). Look at the urls provided its clearly spam.

I got the same two today also. Both Dr. Oz and Twitter invites with forged links.

macbookairman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Nebraska
My main iCloud account has started receiving Dr. Oz emails again. I got them back when this started in November, but it had since stopped. I guess that didn't last.

Even worse, I have an unused iCloud account that nobody has the address for but me and Apple. I just received a whole slew of spam emails (8 in total) within a matter of minutes. I really don't care if I'm receiving spam, as long as its properly filtered and I never see it. Gmail always seems to do a good job with that. Apple needs to step up their game.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    133.2 KB · Views: 159

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
My wife and I both use @me.com accounts and we got the same 12 emails at exactly the same time. Hearing her iPhone, her iPad, my Windows Phone, and my Windows 8 notifications going off at one time was a little bit of ear rape.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
Got another 1 today from some spammer trying to movie printer ink. All of my mail forwards to a Google Apps account as well. iCloud junk filter didn't catch it.....Google did.

macgrl

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
How can you delete the messages / move to spam with out opening them? When I select them to delete / move they open - is it bad to open them? Doesn't it acknowledge that the account is active / encourage spam?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
How can you delete the messages / move to spam with out opening them? When I select them to delete / move they open - is it bad to open them? Doesn't it acknowledge that the account is active / encourage spam?

You can uncheck this box in Mail prefs to prevent that, but really, the fact the message did not bounce back to the sender tells them it is a valid address, so I don't worry about it.

770Aq.png

xpected_one

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2008
Texas
Count me in as a recent Spammed person... Weird thing is it seems to happen like others have said in 5-10 emails all in a row and I have noticed mine come in around 10-12 noon daily.

JDrive

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2010
I have been receiving 10-12 similar emails for the past week. Apple needs to step up on their spam prevention. Haven't yet received any on my iCloud alias.

whathesaid

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Just had another Dr.Oz wishing a merry Xmas, been sent to spam each time, but still come to inbox. Shame the spam filters on iCloud are non existent.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Just realized I had gotten the same Dr. Oz emails the other day. Of course I get other spam as well since I actually use this email quite often so it didn't phase me.

cole01

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
I've had the same Dr. Oz emails. Very, very strange. I'm sure our iCloud emails have been leaked somehow? Very concerning.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
I've also been getting them again and have forwarded them (as attachments) to spam@me.com but Apple have shut down for the holiday so they probably won't get blocked until next week.

If they were actually working on blocking the spam it would have been done already. This has been happening for a while. I got a bunch of them yesterday. I'm close to switching back to Gmail.

G2244

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2009
I have been hit with the same SPAM on my @me.com account. I got about 3 Dr. Oz in the last several days and today the MacKeeper one as well. Until recently I have received virtually no SPAM on this account. C'mon Apple get some SPAM smashing going on.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Just got three more spam messages. Also got the Mackeeper one this morning. This is now ridiculous. It's been happening consistently throughout the past week. I'm going to start forwarding my iCloud email to Gmail and leave this behind.

And now I just got a fourth.

These are particularly disheartening as they are no longer addressed to "undisclosed@" but now my iCloud address.

Edit: make it a fifth.

portishead

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
I'm in the same boat. Same spam messages to mine and my wife's account. I wish Apple was being more proactive here. Looks like some email addresses got leaked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.