Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
London
Can anyone with a set of Bose QC3's try to see if the Bose logo can easily be scratched off the silver headphone set sides?...I bought these off Ebay after my original pair got stolen. Tried to find an online guide to fake spotting but couldn't find one.

tonyshaker

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2012
We can try to scratch our pair.

Hey man we cant scratch the bose logo on our pair but no it shouldn't scratch of easily see the overall condition of the head phones and see if they are good or not if they are in good condition and the logo is like this it could be a fake. if the sounds like your other pairs you know same quality sound then just don't worry.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
London
Hey man we cant scratch the bose logo on our pair but no it shouldn't scratch of easily see the overall condition of the head phones and see if they are good or not if they are in good condition and the logo is like this it could be a fake. if the sounds like your other pairs you know same quality sound then just don't worry.

Thanks for your reply....I found this link which also confirms the logo should not be a transfer or sticker....will pursue the seller and Paypal for a refund...

http://www.ehow.com/how_7476884_spot-fake-bose-headphone.html

bosetrademarks

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
I am a trademark lawyer for Bose Corporation. There are numerous sellers on eBay and other ecommerce sites selling counterfeit Bose headphones. We recommend that you send details about the transaction to Report_Counterfeits@bose.com. We can usually verify whether the product is counterfeit, and may be able to help you with providing documentation to eBay or PayPal to receive a refund if the seller is not cooperative. In the future, we recommend that you purchase Bose products from Bose.com or an authorized dealer in order to avoid problems like this one.

Sincerely,

Michelle Brownlee
Trademark Counsel
Bose Corporation

Norcal.

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2012
I am a trademark lawyer for Bose Corporation. There are numerous sellers on eBay and other ecommerce sites selling counterfeit Bose headphones. We recommend that you send details about the transaction to Report_Counterfeits@bose.com. We can usually verify whether the product is counterfeit, and may be able to help you with providing documentation to eBay or PayPal to receive a refund if the seller is not cooperative. In the future, we recommend that you purchase Bose products from Bose.com or an authorized dealer in order to avoid problems like this one.

Sincerely,

Michelle Brownlee
Trademark Counsel
Bose Corporation

Once I was selling a Bose Ie2 headset and my listing got removed because you guys claimed it was counterfeit. It was in fact completely genuine.

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Once I was selling a Bose Ie2 headset and my listing got removed because you guys claimed it was counterfeit. It was in fact completely genuine.

They don't directly make any money from re-sales, so they couldn't care less if you were selling a genuine pair or not. They'd do away with first sale in a heartbeat if they could.

A bit short sighted IMO, but alas businesses tend to think more in the short term using simple metrics.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.