Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I asked Siri for directions to the closest Chipotle. When I got there, there was no Chipotle, but instead it was a Taco Bell. I googled it, and the Chipotle was two miles away. Bummer. :( Maps had been pretty good til then.

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
On the other hand

It wouldn't be an interesting post had it been "Maps hasn't failed me" would it? Empty stomach + car + iPhone = adventure :D

I am jealous. People talked about interesting adventures with Maps. I though I got a great iPhone after reading about bend-gate, scratch-gate, wiggle-home-button-gate on this forum. But now that I think about it, I am still waiting for my first Maps-gate adventure.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
See, this is the kind of crap that we can't just "accept". We spent money on this device and because of that it must be flawless (at least, that's what I've learned from the "scuff" threads).

Steve must be spinning in his grave.

I hope you plan on suing. I'm putting together a class-action. It's still in it's infancy, and I will be taking most (all) of the proceeds, but at least it'll be a big black mark for Apple for all of the emotional distress and hardships they've caused.

For shame... for shame...

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
See, this is the kind of crap that we can't just "accept". We spent money on this device and because of that it must be flawless (at least, that's what I've learned from the "scuff" threads).

Steve must be spinning in his grave.

I hope you plan on suing. I'm putting together a class-action. It's still in it's infancy, and I will be taking most (all) of the proceeds, but at least it'll be a big black mark for Apple for all of the emotional distress and hardships they've caused.

For shame... for shame...

:rolleyes:

duneriderltr450

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Oregon
Honestly, I wouldn't have minded it at that point, I was so hungry (we'd been driving for hours), but my girlfriends sister was really against eating at Taco Bell, so we drove the extra 2 miles.

Should of told her to walk the 2 miles. How can anyone hate Taco Bell.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
There IS a google maps app ya know. they weren't perfect at first either lol, they still have blank fields where there are now buildings in my town.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Should of told her to walk the 2 miles. How can anyone hate Taco Bell.
It's not me who hates Taco Bell but my bowels that do. ;) :D

There IS a google maps app ya know. they weren't perfect at first either lol, they still have blank fields where there are now buildings in my town.
Google Maps is largely accurate though. They can take a long time to add new roads and buildings though. Doesn't hurt to tell them when new things are added or others change.

*Note: I prefer the iOS 6 Maps app to Googles new iOS app (which is actually pretty good) but Google POI's to Apple's (that's a no brainer to anyone who has used both).

bjb.butler

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
Southern California
I had been using Apple maps exclusively since iOS 6 came out. But after it took me to the wrong location last week, I switched to Google Maps.

Today was a perfect example of how Google Maps trumped Apple Maps. I wanted to do some last-minute xmas shopping, so I fired up both apple and google maps and searched for "bookstore"...

Surprisingly, at the top of the screen Apple Maps has two mom&pop book store locations that google maps didnt' pick up. But sadly, as you can see Apple Maps didn't display Barnes & Noble. I just don't get it. How could they leave that out?

Attachments

• IMG_0380.PNG
    IMG_0380.PNG
    197.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0381.PNG
    IMG_0381.PNG
    762.3 KB · Views: 63

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I had been using Apple maps exclusively since iOS 6 came out. But after it took me to the wrong location last week, I switched to Google Maps.

Today was a perfect example of how Google Maps trumped Apple Maps. I wanted to do some last-minute xmas shopping, so I fired up both apple and google maps and searched for "bookstore"...

Surprisingly, at the top of the screen Apple Maps has two mom&pop book store locations that google maps didnt' pick up. But sadly, as you can see Apple Maps didn't display Barnes & Noble. I just don't get it. How could they leave that out?

it's not that THEY left it out. It's the sources they got it from that left it out. lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.