Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clint1583

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
Bought my daughter an iphone5 for Christmas to replace her old Android phone but I'm not sure what the easiest way to activate it is on Christmas morning. Do I have to call Verizon on Christmas? Thanks

Coasterfanryan

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2010
Pittsburgh Pa
Yeah, when she turns it on it will activate. When I got my iPhone last year It took a couple tries.

If for some reason that doesn't work, when the phone is set up:
- dial *228, option 1
- enter the SSN of the account holder
- then the number of the line you want to have the iPhone on.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Now millions of Christians are going to want to activate/register thei Xmas present on the 25th. Expect delays and servers down.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Yeah, when she turns it on it will activate. When I got my iPhone last year It took a couple tries.

- dial *228, option 1

Well mine did not activate out of the box and *228 did not work either. I ended up going to the Verizon website and made the switch there. After a few never racking minutes trying to get the Sim card to come out (really have to press hard). It does look like it worked.

It is weird it looks like some features get removed when you move to a LTE phone and my bill is a few cents cheaper. For all of the Verizon experts can you look at the screen shot and let me know if I in anyway screwed up my unlimited data plan (i do not think i did).

Attachments

• iPhone 5 Setup.png
    iPhone 5 Setup.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 129

Jtludwig

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2012

- dial *228, option 1

You don't dial *228 on an LTE phone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.