Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:14 PM   #1
pjny
macrumors 6502

Launched PDF attempts to connect to wallet.google.com

Hi,

I got two PDFs ebooks sent from a friend and I noticed when I clicked on the file and preview opened it up on OSX 10.8.2 Littlesnitch alerted me that Finder was attempting to connect to "wallet.google.com" I blocked it and scanned the files using "Virustotal.com" which turned up negative. I've never had any attempt to connect to wallet.google.com so I'm a little suspicious.

I also recently installed Java 6 for necessary software so I'm kind of afraid I might be vulnerable.

Does anyone know if OS X is vulnerable to virus laden PDF? Should I reinstall to ensure system security?
pjny is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store