Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jjwertz1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
I ordered on nov 30 a 27 inc iMac from Mac mall first they said it would be shipping on dec 28 now they switched that time to jan 14 did anyone else order the new 27 inc iMac from them and have any more Info on when they would ship. How come apple gives them the right to sell if they will string along there customers with the wrong shipping dates for so long. This is the computer that I ordered

27" iMac Quad-Core Intel Core i5 3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory, Two Thunderbolt ports, Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse, OS X Mountain Lion
Item No : 9427541
Mftr Part No : Z0MS-3281FD675MWLMM

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix
I ordered on nov 30 a 27 inc iMac from Mac mall first they said it would be shipping on dec 28 now they switched that time to jan 14 did anyone else order the new 27 inc iMac from them and have any more Info on when they would ship. How come apple gives them the right to sell if they will string along there customers with the wrong shipping dates for so long. This is the computer that I ordered

27" iMac Quad-Core Intel Core i5 3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory, Two Thunderbolt ports, Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse, OS X Mountain Lion

Why not just order from Apple?

Seems crazy to have to deal with a middle man.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I don't see why you're complaining? You saved $250 and ordered around holidays.

Jjwertz1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
Just wondering if anybody else purchased the new 27 Inc Mac from macmall

FlthyMcNsty

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
IL
Just wondering if anybody else purchased the new 27 Inc Mac from macmall

I did, just received a letter yesterday in the mail from MacMall that pretty much states they have no idea when they will get them, Apple won't tell them when they are going to get them and if they aren't here in 60 days, my order will be canceled.

That's what we get for not ordering through Apple, never again.

I order pretty much the same specs as you, but without the fusion drive.

WilliamDu

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
MacMall orders

I ordered i5,8gb,3TBFD,680MX on 18 December.
My fourth Apple computer and eighth Apple item from MacMall in last ten years.
Their estimate was for delivery NLT 16 January.
MacMall estimates usually conservative and service has been fine.
Don't scream 'til you personally get bit.
Statistically, the further down the production learning curve you go, the less likely to have problems.
Relax and enjoy it when it arrives.
Forum folks like to bitch;
$250 minus Superdrive=$180 savings without having to pay the IRS more money to waste on Obama voters.:D

Last edited:

Jjwertz1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
Not bitching its the wait that's killing me!! Lol it says jan 16 at your order or you had to call macmall for your eta??

Gelite55

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
I've heard bad stories about Macmall. I once received a defective Mac Mini from them. Always a pain to deal with them and there slow. They even wanted me to email them pictures. Buy from Apple even for the extra $30 it's worth it for their customer service.

Last edited:

vladfein

macrumors regular
May 28, 2012
I've heard bad stories about Macmall. I once received a defective Mac Mini from them. Always a pain to deal with them and there slow. They even wanted me to email them pictures. Buy from Apple even for the extra $30 it's worth it for their customer service.

What $30? They are talking about $250!

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Not bitching its the wait that's killing me!! Lol it says jan 16 at your order or you had to call macmall for your eta??

You saved $250, (and to be honest about it, you're suppose to claim the purchase on your taxes so the tax for the iMac will be added to whatever you owe the IRS or deducted from any refundable amount.) wait it out, there's nothing you can do regardless if someone here bought one from MacMall and got an even earlier shipping date.

Kirkle

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2012
27" ordered Nov. 30 here.

I'm amazed you got any information out of MacMall at all. I never got any kind of ETD.

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
When I ordered they said it would be 3-4 weeks. I told them I needed to have it on this years books they said worst case they could charge me early before shipping. Called 2 days ago they then told me jan 15th and they could not charge me early. Pretty much a bunch of bs.. Saved 250 but still pretty lame stuff.

Jjwertz1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
I did, just received a letter yesterday in the mail from MacMall that pretty much states they have no idea when they will get them, Apple won't tell them when they are going to get them and if they aren't here in 60 days, my order will be canceled.

That's what we get for not ordering through Apple, never again.

I order pretty much the same specs as you, but without the fusion drive.

How Come they sent you a letter and not a email?? Is this the first time they sent you a letter?

WilliamDu

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
MacMall orders

Sorry to hear about your Mini. After at least ten years and roughly ten different items purchased from them, I haven't had any experience with hassles on defective items since no defects yet (knock on wood). I have chosen to include Applecare in my order so I can drive 20 miles to the local Apple store and get a new 27" if necessary. This is the first instance of my use of Applecare in 28 years of Apple systems usage, due only to the substantial static about the neat new display possibly having some slight basis for concern.

I have spoken with several very polite sales folks at MacMall in the last few days and been told Apple's delivery estimates are historically quite reliable and in this instance consistent for configurations like mine. We'll see and I will report back.

My taxes would have been $159.29 from Apple based on my state's 5.5%.
With that I have purchased a Superdrive from Amazon for $10 under Apple's price, to replace the one Apple apparently decided no one wanted anymore to allow them to reduce the edge of their machine to an impressive if meaningless 5mm. That left $82.30 with which I purchased a copy of Parallels for $49.99 to get around the 3TB/Bootcamp situation creating so much forum traffic, leaving me with $32.31 left over, reducing the net cost to me for Applecare of $136.31.

That's also partly a political statement to deprive the state of a few bucks to waste on supporting people that choose not to work for a living.

Enjoy whatever Apple goodies you may have. I've enjoyed their products since my Little Mac in 1984 both professionally in my engineering career and now privately in retirement. I have no complaints about any of the many items they have provided for my livelihood and amusement, which I guess makes me wonder why I participate in these forums of whiners:)

Last edited:

FlthyMcNsty

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
IL
How Come they sent you a letter and not a email?? Is this the first time they sent you a letter?

Yeah, and I have no idea why they sent me a letter. An email would have sufficed. I can tell you I had had a online chat conversation with customer support a day or two before the letter asking about eta, so maybe the chat agent triggered a mail out. But in chat she basically said the same thing. I have never received a letter from them before.

Kirkle

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2012
Just wanted to let you all know that I too was sent a letter in the mail.

Apparently, MacMall is holding the iMacs ransom.

sounddesigner

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2012
I have chosen to include Applecare in my order so I can drive 20 miles to the local Apple store and get a new 27" if necessary. This is the first instance of my use of Applecare
\

Apple would not replace it. They would just fix it because when u exchange its basically returning it and getting a new one. If u wanted an exchange you would have to back through mac mall. I have gone through this with them where they will only fix it with apple care when after just buying the computer like a week before.

Last edited:

Guitarzan

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
27" iMac

I ordered a 27" BTO iMac from MacMall on 11/30. Was supposed to arrive 12/28. That date has been pushed to 1/11. No surprise, really. It's in high demand and it's BTO. This will be my 3rd Mac from MacMall. I've *never* had a bad experience and I've spent a lot of $$ with them.

Jjwertz1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
I received that letter the others got from macmall on Saturday. I guess we'll just have to wait it out. And hope it comes soon

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I don't get this. I was at their B&M store on the 26th and they had a pile of them on the floor near the front. They sold 3 in the time I was there.

schhflap

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2012
Hilton Head, SC
Same for the 21.5" model

As stated on another thread, I ordered a 21.5" iMac at 8:00AM on 11/30. At that time, MacMall was quoting 7-10 business days for shipping. Later, it slipped to 12/31. Now, who knows? Frankly, I think the base problem is Apple's much too optimistic estimate for holiday deliveries (at least for the 21.5s). Apple suckered everyone, including their authorized retailers, who are now getting the heat for Apple's mistakes. With all this said, I'm still looking forward to my new unit, hopefully sooner than later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.