Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:56 PM   #1
jaybar
macrumors regular

How to carry and iPad Mini when you dont have a back-pack or laptop bag?

Hi

On the sutface, this might seem like a stupid question, but not for me.

I am in a quandary regarding how to best safely transport my new iPad mini, since I do not have a back pack ir laptop bad to "throw it in to", so to speak?

To date, I have not found any sleeves with carrying handles for the mini. What I have seen has been for the iPad, which leaves a lot of empty room. There is a leather company that does a $129 mini pouch, but I am not really fond of shoulder bags. Again, the iPad mini sleves do not have handles.

I live in NYC, if that makes a difference. At the very least, I want to take my mini to and from work.

Is anyone familiar with products that might solve this problem?

Thanks

Jay
jaybar is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:39 AM   #2
ivan0123
macrumors newbie

Maybe you can find your case here. There are many iPad mini sleeves with handles.http://www.etsy.com/search?q=ipad%20...ery&ship_to=GB Hope it can help you.
ivan0123 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:09 AM   #3
ScottNWDW
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to ScottNWDW
I picked up a really nice bag from Target that is designed for either the iPad or iPad mini. It has a handle and shoulder strap. The bag itself is made by Targus - which by the way makes awesome products - and costs just $25. It has lined pockets for the mini and can also hold other essentials like pens or stylus' and the charger etc.

Personally I do find the bag to be the right size for the mini. It is well protected in the padded compartment and well worth the money spent.

Here's a link to the Targus website and a description of the bag, but it is cheaper at Target by about $18

http://targus.com/us/productdetail.a...%20Accessories
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:34 PM   #4
Mojo1
macrumors 65816

My wife and I both use this bag; it's the perfect size for a iPad Mini. It's a lot smaller than it looks on the eBags mannequin but it holds quite a bit of stuff for its size. I use it for overseas travel; it holds everything that I need for a long day. I even put a Nikon DSLR and lens in its main compartment when the camera isn't on my shoulder. I use the tiny locking carabiners sold at sporting goods counters to deter pickpockets.

At 27% off it's a very good deal: http://www.ebags.com/product/baggall...le-nylon/47360
Mojo1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:23 PM   #5
AppleRobert
macrumors 68030

Try Best Buy for a case with a handle that shouldn't be too expensive and fit the Mini nicely. Like the Giants, Jets, or Rutgers? I have seen small cases there for each with a handle. I think Targus makes them.

Also, I don't know if you have a Five Below store in NYC. Obviously the price is right and they carry lots of ipad knockoff things.
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 08:24 AM   #6
Shadrock55
macrumors newbie

Try a ShirtPax.

http://www.shirtpax.com

I know the guy. He's just getting started. If you e-mail him, he will probably send you one of his test versions.
Shadrock55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting