Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:52 PM   #1
rlandry6
macrumors newbie

Deleting Old Mail

New user, so bear with me. I have a MBP and an iPhone. I have gmail and roadrunner email set up on both devices. If iCloud is tuned on, will it delete my emails from the iPhone as I delete them on the Mac. I conduct almost all of my email activity on the MBP and I would really rather not have to manually delete every email in both accounts from the iPhone. Thanks for the help..
rlandry6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:22 AM   #2
Weaselboy

It will delete on both machines for iCloud and GMail because they use IMAP protocol. Roadrunner however, it still POP3 and does not delete on both devices.

You could just go to the Roadrunner email web site and have that mail forwarded to the iCloud mail account. That would make things simpler.
Weaselboy is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services