Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chadteetzen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
Hello, when i look at my iPhone 4S with night vision goggles on, there is a strange strobe light that comes out of the speaker holes.

Sometimes it is a flight line that stays level with the horizon. So if i rotate the phone it doesn't rotate with the phone it stays flat with the horizon. Other times, it is a dot, a very bright dot or beam. If i turn off the phone and turn it back on, It stays solid for about 10 seconds then turns back to a strobe.

Anyone got any idea's on this? I'm thinking some sort of mind control device...

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It's the proximity sensor. Depending on how you have your phone setup, it will light up at different times. All completely normal.

///M Powah

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
Hawaii, US
Hello, when i look at my iPhone 4S with night vision goggles on, there is a strange strobe light that comes out of the speaker holes.

Sometimes it is a flight line that stays level with the horizon. So if i rotate the phone it doesn't rotate with the phone it stays flat with the horizon. Other times, it is a dot, a very bright dot or beam. If i turn off the phone and turn it back on, It stays solid for about 10 seconds then turns back to a strobe.

Anyone got any idea's on this? I'm thinking some sort of mind control device...

It's looking at your soul!!!

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
......waiting.....For 200 more posts from people now checking their iPhones with night vision goggles....

You KNOW they're coming!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.