Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:04 PM   #201
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuGeN PoWeR View Post
i dont think the hackers are even working on it. why the heck they cant release the failbreak to everyone.!!
Are you a hacker? How do you know this? Because they don't tweet every step they make?

And as already said, the failbreak cannot be released because it would be technically illegal to utilize let alone distribute. That said, it also could provide valuable insight into future 'legal' jailbreaks so they don't wanna throw away any potential exploits.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:21 PM   #202
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
i dont think the hackers are even working on it. why the heck they cant release the failbreak to everyone.!!
You are so short sighted !

Despite the obvious problems with the requirement to be registered as a developer, as soon as the failbreak sees the light of day, Apple would quickly eliminate all the exploits in the release of 6.1

We would never see an untethered jailbreak for 6.1 or newer devices.

Imagine how loudly you would complain when that would happen.

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:40 PM   #203
Dr Sam Beckett
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post

Despite the obvious problems with the requirement to be registered as a developer, as soon as the failbreak sees the light of day, Apple would quickly eliminate all the exploits in the release of 6.1

..you dont have to be registered as a dev to use the failbreak

https://twitter.com/chpwn/status/280423863572111360

but yeah i agree.. people need to chill and let the devs do their thing
Dr Sam Beckett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:52 PM   #204
TriJetHero
macrumors 601

planetbeing
‏@planetbeing
Upgraded the #failbreak with a kernel exploit so tweaks actually work on iPhone 5. Almost a full tethered JB, though need dev account.

http://twitter.com/planetbeing/statu...59248795881472
iPad 2 WIFI iOS 8.0 GM
TriJetHero is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:54 PM   #205
TheBigKing
macrumors 6502a

i sold on ebay a brand new iphone 4s black 16gb on 5.1.1 on 500$ last month
Old Dec 24, 2012, 04:48 PM   #206
aPple nErd
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotluck View Post
meh, no new jailbreaks = no new iOS device purchases for me
And if enough people do this, then maybe apple will realize and give us more options at least....
aPple nErd is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:09 PM   #207
oftheheavens
macrumors 6502a

ok i have an iphone 5 with unlimited plan that i am not willing to give up. i need a hotspot for my ipad mini for school (i take night classes and they turn off the wireless at night) i was looking into the pay as you go hotspots but they are expensive. and i use over 5gig a month on my iphone as it is so i can't and won't change plans.

anyone know even a little bit of enough to tell me if we can expect a JB for the iphone 5 in the next 2 months or should i buy a shotspot'''';
oftheheavens is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:58 PM   #208
BlueRaider
macrumors regular

Buy a hotspot or trade your iPhone for a Galaxy S3 or Nexus 4. You could also trade the iPad for a cellular equipped model. I don't expect to see a jailbreak before March at the earliest. AT&T has caught on to everybody tethering without a plan and its gotten to the point that it's almost not worth losing the unlimited data over (I have the same plan btw) now since they seem to be catching people no matter what device and method.
AppleTv 2
BlueRaider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:57 PM   #209
NewAnger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aPple nErd View Post
And if enough people do this, then maybe apple will realize and give us more options at least....
Not enough people care about a JB to bother let alone the millions out there who don't even know what a JB is or even bothered to update the FW on their phone since the day they bought it.
NewAnger is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:42 AM   #210
dinggus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljoo8 View Post
So what are the chance of a jailbreak being released for the Ipod touch 5th generation? I don't mind how long it takes for a jailbreak to be released, but I want to know if a jailbreak will be released for the Ipod touch 5th gen.
It's going to be release this thread has a bunch of trolling. iPad 3 took forever to jailbreak, it still came.
dinggus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:19 AM   #211
MuGeN PoWeR
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalls90 View Post
Are you a hacker? How do you know this? Because they don't tweet every step they make?

And as already said, the failbreak cannot be released because it would be technically illegal to utilize let alone distribute. That said, it also could provide valuable insight into future 'legal' jailbreaks so they don't wanna throw away any potential exploits.
duh there has been no update from them on this. that is why i can say that.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post

the same question for you. HOW can you say that you wont get a jailbreak for 6.1 or newer devices. you are so short SIGHTED. dude there has been no response from them on this. they arent even working on it. so how do you think you will be getting the jailbreak for 6.0,6.0.1,6.0.2???
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:06 AM   #212
TriJetHero
macrumors 601

Maybe because dhlizard is a bit closer to the sources than most of us...

Besides that, the main players have given some subtle hints lately, so yes they are working on it, that you choose not to accept that is fine with me.
iPad 2 WIFI iOS 8.0 GM
TriJetHero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:38 AM   #213
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
duh there has been no update from them on this. that is why i can say that.

----------

the same question for you. HOW can you say that you wont get a jailbreak for 6.1 or newer devices. you are so short SIGHTED. dude there has been no response from them on this. they arent even working on it. so how do you think you will be getting the jailbreak for 6.0,6.0.1,6.0.2???
Just because the hackers who are working on the current jailbreak have not chosen to provide updates does not mean there is no one working on it.

Those of us who have been part of the jailbreak community for more than a wisp of time are used to not hearing regular updates during the creation of a new jailbreaks. The exception to this pattern was @pod2g, the hacker who provided much of the work for the last jailbreak. He was one to give loads of progress reports.
But that is not the norm. This time, as in almost every jailbreak in the past years, there are very few updates provided. And yet the jailbreaks have come on a regular basis.

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:04 AM   #214
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post
It's going to be release this thread has a bunch of trolling. iPad 3 took forever to jailbreak, it still came.
No. iPad 3 came out in mid march and the waif for its jailbreak was shorter than that of the 4S
Dwalls90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:15 AM   #215
braddick
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by oftheheavens View Post
ok i have an iphone 5 with unlimited plan that i am not willing to give up. i need a hotspot for my ipad mini for school (i take night classes and they turn off the wireless at night) i was looking into the pay as you go hotspots but they are expensive. and i use over 5gig a month on my iphone as it is so i can't and won't change plans.

anyone know even a little bit of enough to tell me if we can expect a JB for the iphone 5 in the next 2 months or should i buy a shotspot'''';
This may sound nuts, but it will work:
Purchase a used original iPhone2G and also a sim adapter. When you need a hotspot you can place your iP5 sim in the 2G (jailbroken with, "www.jailbreak.me" on 3.1.3) and use the EDGE network. Not super fast, but get the job done with tethering.
When you're done tethering place the iP5 sim back into your iPhone5 and you're set.
braddick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:39 AM   #216
dinggus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddick View Post
Purchase a used original iPhone2G and also a sim adapter. When you need a hotspot you can place your iP5 sim in the 2G (jailbroken with, "www.jailbreak.me" on 3.1.3) and use the EDGE network. Not super fast, but get the job done with tethering.
When you're done tethering place the iP5 sim back into your iPhone5 and you're set.
Can't he just use tether.com?

Last edited by dinggus; Dec 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:44 AM   #217
braddick
macrumors 68030

^
I didn't know about that.

I suppose your method would be a tad easier. . .
Old Dec 25, 2012, 03:26 PM   #218
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Tethering over Edge network would be very painfull bro.
Why not do what you suggested but purchase a used iphone 3G instead?
Then he can tether at least using 3G speeds and any iphone 3G can be JB untethered on 4.2.1 and use tetherme, mywi, pdanet etc...
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:00 PM   #219
braddick
macrumors 68030

Sounds good. I just thought as he would never get caught with AT&T using EDGE for tethering and likely might using 3G that would be his best play.

(Works for me.)
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:16 PM   #220
ACardAttack
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post
I don't think anyone here is trolling, there is even a link posted by a jailbraker saying apple made it harder with 6.1...everyone knows it is getting harder, I still believe there will be a jailbreak, but the question is when...we got one I think it was mid January 2012 for the 4s...I think it will be later than that for the 5/iOS6
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:19 PM   #221
dinggus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack View Post
I don't think anyone here is trolling, there is even a link posted by a jailbraker saying apple made it harder with 6.1...everyone knows it is getting harder, I still believe there will be a jailbreak, but the question is when...we got one I think it was mid January 2012 for the 4s...I think it will be later than that for the 5/iOS6
I agree it's going to take awhile.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:12 PM   #222
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Sounds good. I just thought as he would never get caught with AT&T using EDGE for tethering and likely might using 3G that would be his best play.

(Works for me.)
True, I didnt think of that.
AT&T is cracking down on unofficial tethering.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:32 PM   #223
cheezeit
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljoo8 View Post
Last year at least we got hints of an upcoming jailbreak from pod2g, but this year I've seen nothing.

Pod2g said a while ago he stopped working on the jailbreak scene and wouldn't be working on an ios 6 jailbreak.

Neither has musclenerd said anything in months.

Last year it was released at the end of December, but since there is no evidence of anyone working on it right now I'd say there won't be anytime soon.

I don't know if the jailbreak scene is over or not, but it sure looks like it.

We saw it coming. I don't care too much since I now have a SGS3 and it can be jailbreak and tweaked very easily and its awesome.
You mean rooted? Kinda funny when people leave the iOS scene and go t android and when they root their devices they still call it "jail breaking"
cheezeit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:13 PM   #224
rgarjr
macrumors 603

At what point do you guys think the jailbreak scene was at its peak? (2G,3G,3GS,4,4S,5)
rgarjr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:36 AM   #225
Carlanga
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarjr View Post
At what point do you guys think the jailbreak scene was at its peak? (2G,3G,3GS,4,4S,5)
It hasn't reach it's peak. With every subsequent jailbreak more people and/or devices are getting jailbroken.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks