Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hamkor04

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Hi Guys

Still can't figure it out, why Mini is getting hot when I install SSD (in normal browsing) but no probs with original HDD (even heavier tasks)

Got
Mac Mini 2012 i7 (non server)
OCZ Agility 3 120GB (I had this in my MBP 17 for few month, wasn't any heat or other problems)
and run hardware test, got this error
All the necessary troubleshooting done
and this is second time I reinstalled again
IMG_1481.JPG

Anyone experiencing, any SSD incompatibility?

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
Hi Guys

Still can't figure it out, why Mini is getting hot when I install SSD (in normal browsing) but no probs with original HDD (even heavier tasks)

Got
Mac Mini 2012 i7 (non server)
OCZ Agility 3 120GB (I had this in my MBP 17 for few month, wasn't any heat or other problems)
and run hardware test, got this error
All the necessary troubleshooting done
and this is second time I reinstalled again
View attachment 385786

Anyone experiencing, any SSD incompatibility?

Is it actually running hot to the touch?

Is your fan functioning? It is very easy to damage the fan connector when disconnecting it. Use a fan control app to manually rev it up so you can hear it running.

hamkor04

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Is it actually running hot to the touch?

Is your fan functioning? It is very easy to damage the fan connector when disconnecting it. Use a fan control app to manually rev it up so you can hear it running.

No it's not damaged , that was my first thought. I tried he'd back an everything normal as soon as I install ssd it getting hot ( well, pretty worm in light running.)

micksf

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
San Fran, CA
just an fyi...I've got two ssd's in my 2012 mini, one from Crucial and one Kingston. Both working good, and no heat issues whatsoever.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
That's an error that indicates the fan isn't working. As someone else suggested, are you certain the fan is running? Flip the computer over, take off the bottom cover, and turn it on. The fan should always be spinning when the computer is on.

philipma1957

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Howell, New Jersey
That's an error that indicates the fan isn't working. As someone else suggested, are you certain the fan is running? Flip the computer over, take off the bottom cover, and turn it on. The fan should always be spinning when the computer is on.

this. the fan wire is knocked loose. 95% sure.

hamkor04

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
this. the fan wire is knocked loose. 95% sure.

I really apreciate your help.
But 100% sure it is not a wire. Everything is back after installing original HDD. But it started to run fan at high speed, very noisy. Sometimes, it is will run even in "idle". But couple of days now fan not working again. Can't do any work (video editing) i have to see those "genious" guys :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.