Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:56 AM   #1
NYR99
macrumors 6502a

Foscam Help (Possibly Airport Extreme Related)

Hello,

Is anyone familiar with setting up Foscam IP cameras? I have set up a few at my parents with no problem. They have a regular D-Link router. I have setup port forwarding on the router and a DDNS this way the camera can be accessed outside of the LAN (like on an iPhone for instance). When I am viewing their camera on my iPhone (outside of their LAN) is updated every second and pan and tilt commands are sent fluidly.

Now...

I setup the same type of Foscam at my house, but I have an Airport Extreme. Everything went well, I forwarded the port and set up a DDNS. When I log in to the camera while on my LAN, everything is fine.

Here is the problem...

When I log into the camera outside of my LAN, it is very laggy. It only updates about once every 15-30 seconds. Sometimes it won't even connect. Pan and tilt commands sometimes get stuck, causing it to pan or tilt all the way to one direction, even though I tapped the button once.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening? I am guessing it has something to do with my Airport Extreme.

Regards,
Tom

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking