Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:05 AM   #126
NewAnger
Banned

Itunes support replied to me a short time ago and told me to contact the network directly:

Greetings from iTunes Store Support team. My name is Nisanth and I am happy to assist you today.

I understand that you need to complaint against Twentieth Century Fox regarding the TV shows. I am sure you are eager at this time and I will do whatever I can to help you right away.

In order to make a complaint against the TV shows, I request you to contact Twentieth Century Fox so that they will consider your issue and iTunes would appreciate if any changes done regarding this.

Please contact them at:

TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX
http://www.foxdigitalcopy.com
NewAnger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:12 AM   #127
thewitt
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAnger View Post
Itunes support replied to me a short time ago and told me to contact the network directly:

Greetings from iTunes Store Support team. My name is Nisanth and I am happy to assist you today.

I understand that you need to complaint against Twentieth Century Fox regarding the TV shows. I am sure you are eager at this time and I will do whatever I can to help you right away.

In order to make a complaint against the TV shows, I request you to contact Twentieth Century Fox so that they will consider your issue and iTunes would appreciate if any changes done regarding this.

Please contact them at:

TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX
http://www.foxdigitalcopy.com
If that reply actually came from Apple, the person who wrote it should be fired for their inability to actually write in English...
thewitt is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:05 AM   #128
StinDaWg
macrumors 6502

I don't think there is anything more annoying in life to me than advertisements.

Adblock Plus for internet
Rooted Android phone with Adblocker
Torrents
Never answer door to door salesmen
Don't go to the mall.

Don't feel bad at all. I don't have any idea what the newest "hot thing" is because I don't get advertised to unless I'm watching tv at someone elses house or a bar.

I applaud anyone who is standing up and letting apple know they don't appreciate ads on their $3/20 minute downloads. On the latest Family Guy episode there is a 17 second ad at the beginning and a 2 minute ad at the end. Sickening.

Last edited by StinDaWg; Dec 29, 2012 at 06:13 AM.
StinDaWg is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:39 PM   #129
NewAnger
Banned

So since I got my reply from someone at iTunes support, I have not bothered to contact Fox about this.

Are they still continuing to load the shows with ads? I stopped buying anything Fox till this ends.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:39 PM   #130
bryan85
macrumors regular

As far as I can tell, yes they still are placing ad's before and after the content. If you look at reviews for any recent FOX/FX show there are complaints about the ads.

Last edited by bryan85; Jan 13, 2013 at 01:57 AM.
bryan85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:00 AM   #131
pavelbure
macrumors 6502a

The thing that ticks me off about these ads are that if they are 2 min, then these things will be eating up a lot of space on hard drives very quickly. 1 season of ads can easily eat up a gb of space.
pavelbure is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:56 AM   #132
bryan85
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelbure View Post
The thing that ticks me off about these ads are that if they are 2 min, then these things will be eating up a lot of space on hard drives very quickly. 1 season of ads can easily eat up a gb of space.
I completely agree. Using my HDD to store these ads is just a kick in the nuts.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:38 AM   #133
ngenerator
macrumors 68000

I got a credit back for ~$70 for two seasons of new shows (with the brand new commercials in the beginning), I'm hoping they still will download as new eps become available, since it looks like there isn't a way to cancel a season pass on mine or Apple's end
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:46 AM   #134
torana355
macrumors 65816

It sucks but it happens, i have pay-tv here in Australia and even though i pay a fortune for it there are ad's. Then the big movie and tv companies wonder why people pirate thier stuff off the net.....
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:54 AM   #135
NewAnger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngenerator View Post
I got a credit back for ~$70 for two seasons of new shows (with the brand new commercials in the beginning), I'm hoping they still will download as new eps become available, since it looks like there isn't a way to cancel a season pass on mine or Apple's end
They'll end your season pass. You won't get further episodes.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:07 AM   #136
ngenerator
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAnger View Post
They'll end your season pass. You won't get further episodes.
How do I verify this? I don't see any info in iTunes, and the season page still shows "purchased".
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:21 AM   #137
NewAnger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngenerator View Post
How do I verify this? I don't see any info in iTunes, and the season page still shows "purchased".
You won't get anymore episodes. No way to verify it other than that.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:12 PM   #138
Bracked
macrumors newbie

I just purchased the latest season of American Dad without reading any comments and I agree with most of the posters here how adds both at the start and end of my episodes is unacceptable. Not only are they not the content I chose to purchase, but they're much louder than the show. When I pay $50 for one season of an "HD" cartoon show, I expect premium content without advertisements (that I got for the first 6 seasons of the show).

One way Apple could help us out with this problem is giving us the option in iTunes to limit the playtime of an episode at the start and end. This way we could set an episode (or season) that starts or ends with adds to start after or end before the adds play. Normally this would be simple in a video editing program, but due to DRM limitations, it would be nice if Apple would meet us half way on this.
Bracked is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:29 PM   #139
pavelbure
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracked View Post
One way Apple could help us out with this problem is giving us the option in iTunes to limit the playtime of an episode at the start and end. This way we could set an episode (or season) that starts or ends with adds to start after or end before the adds play. Normally this would be simple in a video editing program, but due to DRM limitations, it would be nice if Apple would meet us half way on this.
You can already do this. I think you "get info" and set it there.
pavelbure is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:53 AM   #140
slothrob
macrumors 6502

Quote:
One way Apple could help us out with this problem is giving us the option in iTunes to limit the playtime of an episode at the start and end. This way we could set an episode (or season) that starts or ends with adds to start after or end before the adds play.
Like I posted earlier in the thread, this is easily done.

You still have to watch the ad once, to see when it ends, but then you just go to:

Get Info>Options>Start Time, Stop Time
slothrob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:08 PM   #141
DP812
macrumors regular

Archer also has this problem. It's mostly a brief advertisement for other FX shows, which I didn't mind too much the first time. The problem is it's the exact same ad, which only makes me not want to watch the shows being advertised because I'm sick of seeing the same clips.

So thanks, Fox. You just convinced me to not watch The League.
DP812 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:15 AM   #142
Bracked
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slothrob View Post
Like I posted earlier in the thread, this is easily done.
Nice, thanks. I must have missed your earlier post. Is there any way to do this when streaming from the iTunes Store, not my library? (Guessing the answer is no)
Bracked is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:20 AM   #143
NewAnger
Banned

Setting the stop time in iTunes doesn't work. from what I have read, it's a bug that's existed for a year or two now.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:35 AM   #144
slothrob
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP812 View Post
Archer also has this problem. It's mostly a brief advertisement for other FX shows, which I didn't mind too much the first time. The problem is it's the exact same ad, which only makes me not want to watch the shows being advertised because I'm sick of seeing the same clips.
If you set the start time in iTUnes, you only have to watch the ad once.
Quote:
Is there any way to do this when streaming from the iTunes Store, not my library? (Guessing the answer is no)
Probably not.
slothrob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:38 PM   #145
HipHopTrex
macrumors member

This is the SOLE reason why I decided not to get The Following, I love the show but I'm not gonna be bothered with ads.
HipHopTrex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:56 PM   #146
old-wiz
macrumors 604

It's not just FOX...ABC Family does the same thing and probably other networks as well. Just as purchased DVDs show ads, so now they've moved to the purchased iTunes episodes/seasons.
old-wiz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 04:43 PM   #147
MagnusVonMagnum
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-wiz View Post
It's not just FOX...ABC Family does the same thing and probably other networks as well. Just as purchased DVDs show ads, so now they've moved to the purchased iTunes episodes/seasons.
The only way to stop this GARBAGE (and it IS garbage seeing people are paying to BUY these episodes, not rent them or have them paid for by advertising) is to simply DON'T BUY THEM and e-mail them and tell them why you won't buy them. Enough people do that and I guarantee the ads will stop. But if "most" people put up with it, they will just keep doing it. No company ever volunteered to stop putting kids in coal mines. Consumer and worker rights have been fought for and this is no different. You support garbage, you get MORE garbage.
MagnusVonMagnum is offline   3 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater