Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Idgit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
A recent Canadian Craigslist ad for a jailbroken Apple TV 2 claims the TV 2 can play the following channels:

Adult live TV programming is also available: Penthouse 1&2 HD, Hustler HD, Redlight.

In addition, you will be able to watch pay-per-view contents (when available) through sports channel. Yes this means you can watch UFC fights right on your Apple TV for free.

INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING AT NO EXTRA CHARGE:
*XBMC
*1Channel (the best there is for watching movies and tv shows)
*IceFilms (working, limited movies)
*Live TV
----Over 150 live Englsih tv channels, including HBO, FOX movies and more, CALL FOR MORE INFO
----Or over 900 multi-language Live tv (Vietnamese, Arabic, Portuguese, Polish, Pakistani, Persian and many more)
*Disney XD
*BBC HD
*BBC World #2
*BIO HD
*Cinemax
*Cinemax HD
*Comedy Central HD
*Disney HD XD
*Food Network
*Fox News
*HBO - In Polish
*HBO2
*France 24
*Intelligence 2
*ITV2 HD
*ITV3 HD
*MGM HD
*NBC
*Nat Geographic HD
*NHK World
*NHK World HD
*TBN
*TNT
*Navi-X Installed (access Movies / TV show, streaming)
*Live Sports
*Kids TV Shows
*Justin.tv
*Fastpass.tv
*Hulu
*Project free tv
*National Geographic
*Veetle
*Crackle
*Pakestani live tv and movies
*Turkish programming
*Spanish Movies and TV shows
*Polish Channels & Movies
*10 US channels (need a free subscription, or pay for over 80 channels)
*Bollywood
*Foreign Film/Shows (Japanese/Korean/Filipino)
*Adult programs
*And Many More

SOME OF THE CHANNELS AVAILABLE LIVE:
A&E, ABC, ABC News 24, Aljazerra News, Aljazerra HQ , Animal Planet HD, AXN, BBC One, BBC Parliament, BBC World, BBC World News, Bloomberg, C-Span 1,2,3, CBN Live, CBN News, CBS, Chelsea Tv,City News toronto CMC, CMC county, CNBC US EU, All of CNN, Current TV, CW, Daystar, Discovery HD showcase, E!, All of ESPN, EWTN, Fox News Talk Radio, Fox Soccer, Fuel Tv, FX, God, HGTV, HLN News, Information TV,Motors TV, MSNBC International, MSNBC English, Nasa, Nat Geographic, NBC 2 , NBC8, News X, OC 16, Pentagon, all of QVC, Red Bull, RTE 1 , RTE 2, Shop NBC, showcase, showcase 2, sky poker, sky sports 1, sky sports 4, speed, spike syfy, TBD, TCN, Teen Nick,Times Now, TLC, and more

Is this seller trying to scam potential buyers?

From what I understand, you can't play many foreign channels (like Hulu and BBC iPlayer) unless you use a VPN service. Even then, some foreign streams won't work. As for HBO, I thought you need to be an HBO subscriber to get their online offerings.

With some of the other channels listed here, I haven't been able to get them to work on XBMC because the plugins are broken or haven't been updated in a long time.

vandersmissenc

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2011
Houston, TX
Channel Lineup

I am using Navi-X and you can get around 600 channels including BBC(in the US) and a lot of those which you listed. You can then also use services like "free cable" and hulu add ons for XBMC to get more. There are a ton of channels and you can get most of the good channels anyway like BBC, Discovery Networks (Channel,Science,Health, so on),HBO and other movies channels,FOX,ABC,CBS, tons of sports, and a hell of a lot of international.

In my opinion jail breaking is definitely worth it. As for the price he is charging, since the atv3 is out now at $99 , I would not pay more than that since a jailbreak will probably come out soon for the new atv.

Gossamer1961

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2012
Montreal Quebec
Apple Hacked tv channels

Hello , Regarding these Apple tv Jailbroken channel boxes
that require the Version 2 Apple tv software, are these channels
currently working that are listed.

I would appreciate if someone can get back to me
about this ......Thank You

Gossamer1961::rolleyes:

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
yes, it can. I only really use 1Channel though. It has every tv show and movie (new and old) that i've yet to think of. Even some ancient shows and movies i never even thought have made it to the internet. It's a truely amazing device worth more than the 99 price tag (when jailbroken).

EDIT: Some stations rely on being in the US so those ones wont work. That being said any of that channels programing would be on either 1Channel or Icefilms. The rest are kind of just overkill and don't provide any more content than those two.

Last edited:

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
yes you can get all of those channels. However, they are spotty and not in hd most of the time.

I don't really rely on the streaming channels.

I use project free tv and 1 channel for tv shows as some of the brand new episodes show up on there really fast

ice films for movies.

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
can someone post how to get ALL of those cvhannels?
what repos are they from?

I'd imagine it's against forum rules to answer your question, so you may want to just google it. I can't see it taking you more than 5 minutes to figure it out so long as you know how to SSH and whatnot.

Gossamer1961

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2012
Montreal Quebec
I was told about the Android jail breaking tv box
How good is it to the Apple tv 2 , as I heard there
all sold out of them .

Thankshttp://cdn.macrumors.com/vb/images/icons/icon7.gif

Gossamer1961

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2012
Montreal Quebec
Just out of curiosity

Does the Apple tv 2 or 3 Offer all the Free to Air tv channels including
news editings and behind the Cameras !

Thankshttp://cdn.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/cool.gif

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I am using Navi-X and you can get around 600 channels including BBC(in the US) and a lot of those which you listed. You can then also use services like "free cable" and hulu add ons for XBMC to get more. There are a ton of channels and you can get most of the good channels anyway like BBC, Discovery Networks (Channel,Science,Health, so on),HBO and other movies channels,FOX,ABC,CBS, tons of sports, and a hell of a lot of international.

In my opinion jail breaking is definitely worth it. As for the price he is charging, since the atv3 is out now at $99 , I would not pay more than that since a jailbreak will probably come out soon for the new atv.

I'm curious to learn more, I definitely don't like paying $80 for cable that I don't use.

Also, the TV guys that hung my TV said someone was trying to sell them an ATV2 for $450, they could use it to watch movies that are still in theaters and what not. I laughed and said no, you'd have to download them and that's how you could watch them on your ATV2.

Subjugator

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
I'm curious to learn more, I definitely don't like paying $80 for cable that I don't use.

Also, the TV guys that hung my TV said someone was trying to sell them an ATV2 for $450, they could use it to watch movies that are still in theaters and what not. I laughed and said no, you'd have to download them and that's how you could watch them on your ATV2.

You can stream in theatre movies. Some in HD. I watched cloud atlas the other day in HD. There's even categories for "in theatre movies"

mrlozza

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2012
Ive got Navi-X and none of the Live tv channels actually work for myself. I downloaded xbmc wizard edition! Im also in the UK, how can I fix this?

Kind Regards

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
No, no actually they are meant to be followed, that's why they exist!

No opinion on the matter just had to respond to that particular comment :p I feel like 'Ben the over-literal dermestid beetle' (YouTube it).

I was being sarcastic.

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2010
Isnt't this illegal? mo Navi-x is being sold on Google App store. Would you get caught watching this way?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.