Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nuno YOLO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2012
hey guys , so i'm going to do a short silent film for school and im out of ideas ( good ones at least :p ) so can u guys give me some ideas ? i'm supposed to do a comedy short silent filme .:confused:

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
hey guys , so i'm going to do a short silent film for school and im out of ideas ( good ones at least :p ) so can u guys give me some ideas ? i'm supposed to do a comedy short silent filme .:confused:

If it's comedy and silent, the comedy should be exclusively the result of the actor's actions. Don't bother with intertitles.

Just a guy getting into a precarious situation and all that that entails would be great. It can be simpler than you think. A guy trying to fix his broken car and everything going wrong, a man trying to comb his hair, but a strand keeps popping out, etc. The more outlandish it becomes for the situation, the better. Maybe he gets ticked off and smears glue all over his head. Watch some of Charlie Chaplin's silent stuff for ideas.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
The simple solution is watch TV commercial they have many factors of silent element in them.
Don't see any point of giving you ideas as other peoples ideas always have a different vision than you.:apple:

ProjectManager101

Suspended
Jul 12, 2015
I once did a short film but it was more an scene of a couple forgiving themselves. It was just about looks, eye expressions, moving hands and a kiss. The music and photography was key. The music was the one doing the talking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.