Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:09 PM   #1
2012Tony2012
macrumors 6502a

Application Display App?

When I click on Application folder in the dock, is there an Free App that will help it look nicer and more managable?
2012Tony2012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:24 PM   #2
simsaladimbamba
macrumors Core

Launchpad?

What about Alfred to launch applications?

And since clicking the Applications icon in the Dock can bring you to the Applications folder, you could sort it yourself, but be aware, that putting some applications into sub folders in there might break something.

And just out of curiosity, what is so unmanageable and not nice?
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:32 PM   #3
aaagat111
macrumors regular

You have various sort and display options within Finder (the application used to browse files and directories) to suit your need here.

Go to your applications folder (so you see all your icons) and try the following:
  1. On the top of the finder window you should see a toolbar similar to my attached image
  2. Use the first set of 4 icons to switch the view between icons, list, column, and coverview. I would recommend the 2nd icon for the apps folder, since the list is easiest to browse.
  3. Then hit the 'item arrangement' icon to the right of the gear icon. Here you can sort your files. I would recommend sorting Apps by name.
  4. You can click the gear Icon, and choose 'Show View Options' to get even more options relating to font, icon size, and other options

Let me know if this helps / what you were talking about
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-12-26 at 3.24.36 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	385941  
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:20 PM   #4
2012Tony2012
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaagat111 View Post
You have various sort and display options within Finder (the application used to browse files and directories) to suit your need here.

Go to your applications folder (so you see all your icons) and try the following:
  1. On the top of the finder window you should see a toolbar similar to my attached image
  2. Use the first set of 4 icons to switch the view between icons, list, column, and coverview. I would recommend the 2nd icon for the apps folder, since the list is easiest to browse.
  3. Then hit the 'item arrangement' icon to the right of the gear icon. Here you can sort your files. I would recommend sorting Apps by name.
  4. You can click the gear Icon, and choose 'Show View Options' to get even more options relating to font, icon size, and other options

Let me know if this helps / what you were talking about
Ok thank you.
2012Tony2012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store