Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

als88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
Ive already replaced 2 phones because of this issue, its small but noticeable on 50% brightness too.

Bluesky2011

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2012
London
It's not a common issue. You should bring to apple store to get the new one. Looking at the screen with the lightleak is really uncomfortable.

als88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
i just replaced my second phone today, they opened one next to me from a white box and it had the same problem as well as a nick on it! Im guessing it was new because apparently refurbished phones have better quality checks.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
We got two iPhone fives, one white 16 and one black 32 and a black one had a noticeable light leak issue on top left corner.

It wasn't noticeable at first but when using Apps that didn't take up the full-screen or dark content movies you did see it for sure.

I called Apple and they sent me a replacement by mail through their express service. The new one that I just got has a perfect screen so it's a keeper. I'm sending them the old one back tomorrow. So at least from my little experience one out of three had this issue.

For what it's worth the replacement I got has a build week number of 44 which is November and the old one that I originally purchased (With light leak issue) was a week 48 which is December build.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.