Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
This thread was originally meant to help me find ideas for cool things to buy or do, then I realized that I couldn't find a "bucket list" thread anywhere, so unless I overlooked it..

What's on your bucket list??? :)

Last edited:

overanalyzer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Boston, MA USA
Some other ideas I had were taking scuba diving lessons, getting a membership to an athletic club with a nice pool, and maybe taking up a new hobby of some sort.

I think this is a good idea. Experiences and pursuits of your interests last longer than the lustre of new stuff. In fact, studies on happiness in relation to money show that spending your money on other people, experiences, and on many small things over time makes people happier than large one-time purchases for themselves.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
Pick a few Kickstarter projects and fund them. It's a lot of fun to watch some new ideas as they progress.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
I think this is a good idea. Experiences and pursuits of your interests last longer than the lustre of new stuff. In fact, studies on happiness in relation to money show that spending your money on other people, experiences, and on many small things over time makes people happier than large one-time purchases for themselves.
Thanks for this. I think you're spot on, and hopefully that turns out to be true.

Also, I changed the starting post a bit. Sorry to nullify the quote in your post. :p

Pick a few Kickstarter projects and fund them. It's a lot of fun to watch some new ideas as they progress.
Interesting idea! Thanks!

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
I want to:

-bungee jump
-skydive
-fly a plane
-see a great white shark
-see a grizzly bear
-see a blue whale
-hold a huge spider and not descend into hysterics :eek:
-take a car around Nürburgring
-perform in a band

The list does goes on but I'll cut it here...What's eye opening is that most of my list is very do-able. I could probably knock out half a dozen of them within a year, even with my other commitments.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
I just saw the movie Ted. Banging Mila Kunis is at the top of my list. I would also like to take my kids to Disney world.

ChefMacDaddy

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2011
Victorias-Secret-Fashion-Show-2012-Miranda-Kerr-312345454.jpg

Twice

overanalyzer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Boston, MA USA

That's a cool idea.

Thanks for this. I think you're spot on, and hopefully that turns out to be true.

Also, I changed the starting post a bit. Sorry to nullify the quote in your post. :p

No worries, I can understand why you changed the direction.

And these are probably why there aren't any bucket list forum topics :p

I just saw the movie Ted. Banging Mila Kunis is at the top of my list.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
And these are probably why there aren't any bucket list forum topics :p
While I'm entirely okay with this becoming a "who would you do" thread, I suspect the mods feel differently. :D

I'm interested to hear what is on people's lists! I may post mine soon too, once I finish the first draft.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
I would like to own a skunk or a snake as pets someday. I've had friends with both, and they're quite nice. I would also like to have a bird at some point. Although, given my age (45), a bird might outlive me.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
So far, my list includes the following (and more):

• Go into outer space
  • Skydive
  • Visit the Great Pyramids
  • Attend DEF CON
  • Save an animal from the shelter
  • Learn to fly a plane or helicopter
  • Become scuba certified
  • Play a live gig with a band (I play guitar)

Some of these are more attainable than others, but all are more likely than convincing Mila Kunis to sleep with me.. :eek:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Intriguing thread title and interesting premise. I must admit I had never even heard of this exact expression before, and was torn between asking here and googling. So, I googled the term 'bucket list'. You learn something new every day......fascinating.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
Not a fat lot that I've not already done or isn't incredibly impractical, which unfortunately involves most of my travel plans as maintaining a gluten free diet is often really difficult abroad.

I'd vaguely like to learn to fly some day, plane or helicopter don't much mind. Though not so much that I'd do it unless I was wealthy enough to not be concerned by the cost.

Last edited:

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit the US, possibly in my gap year
Eat a pizza in Italy
Have a family when I'm older
Learn to fly a plane
Build my own house
Start my own business
Get into a good university

There we go. Not sure how many I'll actually do, but hey, still got most of my life ahead of me. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.