Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleAlfred

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2012
Canada
Hi, so I just got an apple TV, and I love the mirroring function from my MacBook air. Only thing is that the resolution is so high that I can't see anything from the couch. I know you can scale it, but then it doesn't fill the whole screen. Is there any way I can keep it full screen on my HDTV, but make everything appear bigger (text, windows, etc...)

Thanks!

Pyromonkey83

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
Hi, so I just got an apple TV, and I love the mirroring function from my MacBook air. Only thing is that the resolution is so high that I can't see anything from the couch. I know you can scale it, but then it doesn't fill the whole screen. Is there any way I can keep it full screen on my HDTV, but make everything appear bigger (text, windows, etc...)

Thanks!

In most apple apps (Safari, Pages, Notes etc) you can scale content using (Command + +) or (Command + -). You can try this and see if it works for you.

Otherwise your only real bet is to scale your content to 720p or something to enlarge everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.