Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:58 PM   #1
Vetebullen
macrumors newbie

How to get PxTone (windows exe-file) to work through Winebottler

Hi!

I am trying to get a small program-suite called PxTone (available here legally for free: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA022...one/index.html ) to work through Winebottler, specifically the PtCollage part of the suite. This is a small program used for making retro video game music. I have heard about other people getting pxtone to work through Wine (though I don't know how.) It is worth noting that I haven't used Winebottler before.

The downloaded folder contains the programs as exe-files, some dll's and some samples. In windows, I could just double-click the exe-files to open the programs. When I create an install file for the ptCollage exe with Winebottler, it opens and runs the program as it looks in Windows (except it doesn't make any sounds), however as the exe-file isn't an installer, I can't finish the installation. When I try to create a standalone app (which should be the correct option), Winebottler says it creates the file successfully, but when I then open the file, it just closes again without any error messages.

Any ideas on how to get this to work? Thanks in advance!
Vetebullen is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac