Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:50 PM   #1
SPNarwhal
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to SPNarwhal
Will "transfering purchases" delete my recordings?

I just got an iPhone 5 and want to bring everything over from my 4S, the thing is, I use my 4S to record music a lot of the time just to get the tunes down. I use a recorder app, and was wondering if I went to "Transfer Purchases from iPhone 4S" (to transfer the App to iTunes before I transfer it to the 5) - would that erase all the recordings on that application?

And also, does that take the Application off of the 4S then? (I believe it does, right? Apple's way of keeping people from sharing purchased Apps.?)

If there's a risk here, I'd rather just leave it all on my 4S as an archive, but would really like if I can get it all on my 5 somehow.

Just not sure how transferring Apps work, especially ones that record audio.

Thanks!
SPNarwhal is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone