Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HackerJL

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2009
Currently my tv shows are organised as such

show 1/season 1
show 1/ season 2
show 1/ season 3

I want it to be

Show 1 then I double click to see every season and from there I can chose which season adn episode I want to watch.

Uh ya...thats what Itunes does. If its properly tagged, and you have itunes set to 'automatically organize my files' This is the result I get. Attached are folder structre how itunes made them, and how they are displayed in itunes.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 10.33.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 10.33.00 AM.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,640
  • Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 10.33.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 10.33.40 AM.png
    309.1 KB · Views: 180

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
Uh ya...thats what Itunes does. If its properly tagged, and you have itunes set to 'automatically organize my files' This is the result I get. Attached are folder structre how itunes made them, and how they are displayed in itunes.

Yes but that's not what I want I am looking for

Show 1
season 1
ep 1
ep 2
ep 3
season 2
ep 1
ep 2
ep 3

This is what my itunes library looks like.
Screen+Shot+2012-11-01+at+4.50.49+PM.png

I want to see one tile per show. When I click on a tile I want to see every season and episode listed like this.

Screen+Shot+2012-11-01+at+5.00.31+PM.png

Last edited:

HackerJL

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2009

Show 1
season 1
ep 1
ep 2
ep 3
season 2
ep 1
ep 2
ep 3

I'll try and post a picture later.​

Please do...hard to understand here.

also, you want itunes to do this for you? Or just a folder structure? AFAIK, you cant change how itunes does it. Its hardcoded (?) in. If you dont use itunes, then I have another option for you, but before I dig a bigger hole, a screenshot would be nice.​

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
Please do...hard to understand here.

also, you want itunes to do this for you? Or just a folder structure? AFAIK, you cant change how itunes does it. Its hardcoded (?) in. If you dont use itunes, then I have another option for you, but before I dig a bigger hole, a screenshot would be nice.

I have to use itunes because I stream everything to my Apple TV.

HackerJL

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2009

Show 1
season 1
ep 1
ep 2
ep 3
season 2
ep 1
ep 2
ep 3

This is what my itunes library looks like.
Screen+Shot+2012-11-01+at+4.50.49+PM.png

I want to see one tile per show. When I click on a tile I want to see every season and episode listed like this.

Screen+Shot+2012-11-01+at+5.00.31+PM.png

I think that is a limitation of itunes. Its a different view setting. I dont think there is anything we can do with that...Itunes 11 will be out sometime this month, but I dont know if that is going to change anything.​

AdmiralTriggerH

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2011
One strange thing I've recently noticed is the tagging actions are bringing in cover art with the wrong language.
I have recently gotten a number of items come back with Hebrew cover art both TV shows and movies, examples are America Pie Presents - The Book of Love and Chuck Season 3
Also Stargate Continuum came back with French cover art.

It also often picks really crappy Cover art and I have to go and change them manually to nicer ones, would it be possible to add an option for us to be able to select which cover art we want?

Also I think changing the source of the cover art to the iTunes store would be cool, see http://bendodsonapps.com/projects/itunes-tv-artwork/ for a nice way to do so.

Last edited:

DrOct

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2012
Really excited to get this up and running, I think it should save me a lot of time as I try to digitize my DVD collection.

However, I haven't managed to get very far in the process yet. I can't seem to get the workflow to launch Fairmount, it keeps telling me:

"WARNING: Fairmount.app is currently listed as QUARANTINED because it's an application downloaded from the Internet. You must LAUNCH and AUTHORIZE Fairmount.app FIRST, before running this action. Will continue, but Action may fail if the OS prevents the app from launching."

I have in fact launched Fairmount (several times in fact) and it launches just fine for me when I manually do it, (only got the "this file has been downloaded from the internet" warning the first time as is usual) so as far as I know the quarantined tag is gone.

I'm not really sure what to do at this point. If I have Fairmount pre-launched it tends to grab control of DVD's inserted before the workflow can do it's magic, so that doesn't really work. Any suggestions?

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
Really excited to get this up and running, I think it should save me a lot of time as I try to digitize my DVD collection.

However, I haven't managed to get very far in the process yet. I can't seem to get the workflow to launch Fairmount, it keeps telling me:

"WARNING: Fairmount.app is currently listed as QUARANTINED because it's an application downloaded from the Internet. You must LAUNCH and AUTHORIZE Fairmount.app FIRST, before running this action. Will continue, but Action may fail if the OS prevents the app from launching."

I have in fact launched Fairmount (several times in fact) and it launches just fine for me when I manually do it, (only got the "this file has been downloaded from the internet" warning the first time as is usual) so as far as I know the quarantined tag is gone.

I'm not really sure what to do at this point. If I have Fairmount pre-launched it tends to grab control of DVD's inserted before the workflow can do it's magic, so that doesn't really work. Any suggestions?

If you're careful in what you download, the easiest way to fix this is to turn off that "feature" of mountain lion. In your security settings, select allow downloaded applications from anywhere instead of App Store and trusted developers.

DrOct

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2012
Luckily shortly after I posted that I finally found a good, easy to follow and clear set of instructions for removing the quarantined tag.

(Came from here: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57374676-263/workarounds-for-quarantine-bug-in-os-x-lion/ "locate the file in the Finder and then open the Terminal application. In the Terminal type "xattr -d com.apple.quarantine" followed by a single space. Then drag the file to the Terminal window, which should append its file path to the command, and press Enter to run the command.")

I then ran into issues where the workflow didn't want to run because I didn't have MakeMKV installed (because I don't have a blu-ray drive), but installing and running MakeMKV (once before trying to launch the workflow) seemed to work fine and I'm ripping my first disc with the workflow right now!

gunthermic

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Wow went quite in here. No newer update lately. question though.

I am trying to RIP Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocal and everytime this process kicks off, it goes almost to the end and then just quits and the file it was ripping into Batch Rip is deleted...

anyone? I ahve tried several version of MakeMKV..

scifi451

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2003
MN
^ I have lately been doing blu rays straight from MakeMKV and not through the services. Mainly so I could only rip the movie file and not the whole disc. With that in mind I have been able to rip Ghost Protocol with no problem.

gunthermic

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
^ I have lately been doing blu rays straight from MakeMKV and not through the services. Mainly so I could only rip the movie file and not the whole disc. With that in mind I have been able to rip Ghost Protocol with no problem.

Tried that as well. Even updated to the newest version of MakeMKV, they bomb out at the very end. I must have a bad Blue-Ray then maybe...

I wish i coudl figure out why MakeMkv started changign the name on us during ripping.

Mission Impossibale - Ghost Protoocal (2011)

when makemvk rips it it changes it to:

Mission Impossibale - Ghost Protoocal t00

scifi451

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2003
MN
Just double checked and it names the file Mission Impossibale - Ghost Protoocal t00 as well in my copy of MKV. Not sure what advice to give you, maybe are right that have a bad disc or maybe try cleaning blu ray drive if you can?

MDallimore

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2010
iCal Alarm Error

Hi,
Firstly sorry if this has been answered before I can't see it anywhere in the thread.
i've recently upgraded my media server to Mountain Lion, and the automated script which ran overnight seems to no longer kick off terminal and execute the script, instead I'm just left with an AppleScript Editor window with the following commands:
set theWorkflow to POSIX path of (path to services folder from user domain) & "Batch Rip • Batch Encode.workflow"

do shell script "automator " & quoted form of theWorkflow

When I hit run it then executes the commands and kicks off terminal, but why is this not happening independently of me having to hit run?

Your comments are really appreciated.

fcmarriott

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2012
Sydney
Services Stop Working

Hi all -

Have been using these scripts for a while - maybe a couple of years now. All the sudden about a week ago, the scripts stopped working.

OS X Lion, 10.7.5
27" iMac, late 2011
Batch Rip 1.0.9 Build 262

When I use Finder to initiate any of the scripts, literally nothing happens. No icon in the Status Bar, just nothing happens, no error.

If I go to Automator, and Run (for example) the Batch Rip Workflow, it initiates and works fine, but if I try from the Services menu to run (for example) the Add Movie Tags (Filename), just nothing happens.

I have tried to Uninstall from the Batch Rip application, I've uninstalled and manually removed all files from ~/Library/Services and reinstalled - no luck. Anyone else see anything like this? I can't figure out how to get the scripts reinstalled and working.

^^ CoolMacLover

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2009
On A Apple
I love this and will continue to use it in the future. I'm just wondering (I'm going to uni next year and won't be able to take my iMac at the moment) is there some form of software or whatnot like this for Windows?

djmodifyd

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
I got everything installed and have about 10 DVDs ripped and working. Thanks!

Question is, I just got an Apple TV 3 so is it worth trying to update my presents to encode in a Apple TV 3 preset?

I don't have any BDs just DVDs, so I don't know if I'll see any difference because DVDs are an sd source anyway, but if there would be a noticeable difference I'd like to figure out how to get the new preset.

Thanks

gunthermic

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Okay something i discovered and i hoping one of you scripting genius's can help to fix it.

I have post nurmerous times about when i go to RIP a BD to mkv and havign the naming of file issue. an example...

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocal

Once I select the name from the list..

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocal (2011)

Once mkv gets fired up it names the file:
Mission Impossible: Ghot Protocal t100.mkv instead of Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocal (2011).mkv

Could never figure out...

i got Short Circuit BD for christmas(one i didnt have) and low and behold when i rip it.. Makemkv names it corectly... Short Circuit (1985).mkv (or whatever year it was)..

So the problem is down to Movies after 2010.. it doesnt kn0w how to handle the higher years. So i would assume some scripting changes need to be done.. anyone have soem ideas?

Revken

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
Dublin,Ireland
Hi,
Firstly sorry if this has been answered before I can't see it anywhere in the thread.
i've recently upgraded my media server to Mountain Lion, and the automated script which ran overnight seems to no longer kick off terminal and execute the script, instead I'm just left with an AppleScript Editor window with the following commands:
set theWorkflow to POSIX path of (path to services folder from user domain) & "Batch Rip • Batch Encode.workflow"

do shell script "automator " & quoted form of theWorkflow

When I hit run it then executes the commands and kicks off terminal, but why is this not happening independently of me having to hit run?

Your comments are really appreciated.

Had a similar problem. Using a rule in hazel now to run the AppleScript at a certain time of the day & it's working perfectly.

Hope this helps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.