Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:42 AM   #1
SF Mac Guy
macrumors newbie

Airport Extreme to Extent Airport Express

There is a lot of discussion about using the Express to extend the Extreme. But I'm wondering if there is a major disadvantage to using the Extreme to extend the Express. My airplay speakers are right near the router, so I want to keep the Express there, which means it would have to stay connected to the router and function as the base. But I bought an Extreme to enhance the power of our home wireless system, both in terms of range and speed. Will speed decline if Extreme operates as an extender? Anything else I should be aware of?
SF Mac Guy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:55 AM   #2
Mr.Mischief
macrumors newbie

The Extreme will only be as fast as the Express it's connected to. So, a range upgrade, but not a speed upgraded.
Mr.Mischief is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals