Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

colthillary

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
UK, Nuneaton
Ordered an i7, 27" iMac, 680mx with a 3tb mechanical hdd. Starting to wish I had ordered the 1tb or even 3tb hyperdrive. Ordered on the 14th December, am I right in thinking if I altered the drive I would essentially be out back to the end of the queue?

Would you change it?

Lambros

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Ordered an i7, 27" iMac, 680mx with a 3tb mechanical hdd. Starting to wish I had ordered the 1tb or even 3tb hyperdrive. Ordered on the 14th December, am I right in thinking if I altered the drive I would essentially be out back to the end of the queue?

Would you change it?

You'd go to the end of the queue I'd imagine, as you are cancelling the previous order. On the contrary, it will be worth the alteration, and when you receive the product, you don't want to be unhappy. You can change the RAM, not the HDD.

Hendric

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2012
Bayern, Germany

Would you change it?

I would probably go the External SSD way.

Tanax

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
Hyperdrive almost sounds like something from a SciFi series XD
You can always get an external SSD instead of altering your order(it'll most likely be cheaper and also get you a faster SSD with more storage than the Fusion Drive SSD-part).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.