Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dreamerdonkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Bangladesh
Which browser is good for iPad. Currently I am using safari. But I think is there any other web browser which is better than this. Actually I don't like it. I am a windows user and I have a android phone. In both of them I use google chrome. And it is not possible to use it on my iPad. So can any one suggest me any other web browse rather than safari. Thanks in advance. :D

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Chrome is what I use. I love how I can view my desktop bookmarks from my iPhone and iPad.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I love chrome's swipe to next / previous tab and readily accessible incognito option on my iphone, but am opting for safari now because of reader, full-screen portrait on iPhone, and that it just feels speedier and more stable on my ios devices.

Also, safari seems to support multitouch gestures on Mac better. Thanks to cloud tabs and synching, I find a small advantage in running safari on all my Mac devices over chrome.

Not an easy decision though, and I found myself frequently switching between the two before I finally made a decision.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Yes I tried Mercury Browser. And Perfect Browser and Icab. All have advantages and disadvantages.

rabidz7

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2012
Ohio
Which browser is good for iPad. Currently I am using safari. But I think is there any other web browser which is better than this. Actually I don't like it. I am a windows user and I have a android phone. In both of them I use google chrome. And it is not possible to use it on my iPad. So can any one suggest me any other web browse rather than safari. Thanks in advance. :D

Safari and atomic web

stuaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
Safari on my iDevices and my Macs. (Love the iCloud tab feature).

Firefox on my window machines.

I felt no need to switch to something different on my iDevices when (Not jailbroken) everything defaults to Safari anyway and it does the job for me as a Web browser.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I love chrome's swipe to next / previous tab

You can swipe within safari going from one page to another; at least on OSX. That's pretty cool too.:D

I have my fair share of complaints about Safari on mac (no way to set default zoom is my biggest one).

Like I said, there are things that Safari does better and worse than Chrome on both OSX and IOS. I often finding myself wishing I had access to a feature on the Safari when using Chrome (and vice versa).

Here's hoping for yet more safari improvements later this year.

S

syd430

Safari!!!!! Because it's the only one that can access the Nitro Javascript engine, making it the fastest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Safari here. I just can't get over all of my bookmarks syncing across all of my devices without the need for a 3rd party browser. I also user Reader and Reading List regularly so Safari isn't going anywhere for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.