Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:08 AM   #1
JasperNL
macrumors member

iMac almost got stolen

Hi everyone,

Last week someone broke into my house, they stole my 2TB Time Capsule, some other external HDD and a (non-Apple) laptop...

Fortunately, they could not manage to steal my iMac. I've locked the iMac with a Kensington lock. They tried to cut through it with a knife (see first picture below).

I want to suggest everyone to lock both their iMac AND their Time Capsule! My new Time Capsule is now locked with the same lock.

Here are some pics:

You can clearly see that they tried to break off the lock from the iMac. I'm now a little concerned that because of the damage, the security of the lock is now less than it should be. What do you guys think? Do you think Apple can provide a new body for this iMac? The insurance company will pay for it probably.
JasperNL is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac