Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emmgunn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Hi All,
As you may know, after a long beta period, MP4tools v3.2 has finally been released. However, there is already a new beta with changes of interest to "power users" who extensively use the batch and watch folder capabilities of MP4tools. Watch folder changes:
  • You can now include subfolders in the watch folder
  • MP4tools does a better job of ignoring non-video files
  • MP4tools no longer moves the videos in the watch folder to a "processing folder". Though this should't happen, a potential bug to watch out for is that MP4tools will want to process the output of watch folder jobs.
Selection presets changes:
  • "None" is now an option for selecting video tracks.
  • Audio and Subtitle tracks can be selected by track number (not just first), language and/or codec. The selections are set in up to three "filters" that should allow for fairly complex selections.
There are tooltips to help with the new presets system. Hopefully it's fairly intuitive. Your old selections presets should (fingers crossed) convert ofver to the new filtering system.

Since the average user doesn't use these features extensively, I'm looking for feedback from those who do, and this seems like a good place find them :). Feel free to use the emmgunn beta e-mail address for bug reports and general feedback. Thanks and Happy Holidays!

MetalZeke

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2013
Hey EmmGunn,

Today I saw this thread and I think I can help you, because we have already contact each other about a problem that I have with the batch of files with a specific preset with adding a 2 channel track for use with an AppleTV 3.

Let me hear it, maybe I can test some things for you.

Greetz from the Netherlands.

MetalZeke

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.