Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Am i allowed to return my iphone 5 to get a new one?

Am i allowed to return it in the next few months or years if i have scratches or scuff ?

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
You've got 14days.

14days only ??? wow thats not a good deal like iphone 5 get scratch easily my iphone 5 has already have a little scuff right out of the box

and i think ur lying its not 14 days i check my serial number it says:

Repairs and Service Coverage: Active
Your product is covered for eligible hardware repairs and service under Apple's Limited Warranty.
Estimated Expiration Date: 26 December 2013

it says i can replace it

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
After 14 days you can get warranty replacements with applecare. That's good for 1 year.
You cant keep scratching it and bring it back and get a new one. They dont cover normal wear and tear. Even though it does scratch easy they dont let you keep exchanging it for that unless it came with those scratches from the factory.

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
After 14 days you can get warranty replacements with applecare. That's good for 1 year.
You cant keep scratching it and bring it back and get a new one. They dont cover normal wear and tear. Even though it does scratch easy they dont let you keep exchanging it for that unless it came with those scratches from the factory.

What do you mean after 14days? It says i have till december 26,2013?

So basically i can only return it 1-2 times(for example)?

What's the requirement for a exchange?(what type of damages)?
Do they give u a new iphone or fix it?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
What do you mean after 14days? It says i have till december 26,2013?

So basically i can only return it 1-2 times(for example)?

What's the requirement for a exchange?(what type of damages)?
Do they give u a new iphone or fix it?

14 days you can return it and get your money back.
After that you have the remaining 1 year warranty.
They dont repair physical or user damage unless you purchase applecare plus.
Read up on it and learn what it covers, how, when, how much.

heyitsfez

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
If I'm not mistaken the employee that sold my iphone to me said I had 30 days return it. This was at an Apple store. Have the policies changed recently?

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
If I'm not mistaken the employee that sold my iphone to me said I had 30 days return it. This was at an Apple store. Have the policies changed recently?

Pretty sure they changed the return policy for phones purchased during the holiday season. Normally iPhones are 14 days.

McCaffers

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2012
You get some extra days for the Christmas period but normally its 14 days.

You can't buy something use it for 6 months and take it back for a new one. I don't understand how your confused. This applies to everything in life.

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
then what does the 1 year warranty do?

I serach my serial number on the apple it says the support and service options

Send in for Service
Send your product to Apple and get it repaired or replaced.

Also what is hardware repair like what is ''hardware''

Last edited:

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC

Send in for Service

It covers a hardware issue such as home button, faulty radios, etc. It does not cover cosmetic damage.

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA

Send in for Service

Also what is hardware repair like what is ''hardware''

It covers the device if it experiences issues due to the manufacturing process. Cosmetic issues such as scratches and scuffs are not covered unless you purchase the additional $99 AppleCare + warranty.

heyitsfez

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
The back of my receipt says that as an exception to their 14 day policy, iPhones can be returned 30 days after purchase. Same thing on the Apple website:

For iPhone returns, you may return your undamaged iPhone with its included accessories within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.

Not sure if that applies as well for an exchange that is not under Applecare

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Can i return my iphone and get a new iphone i just bought it yesterday and this iphone has a very little scuff on the bottom of the home button? will they accept it for a new iphone 5?

what do i need to bring for it to return ? iphone 5 and the accessories ?

if was scuffed out of the box a little one tho

Do i go to bestbuy(were i bought the iphone) or apple? Do i bring the receipt?

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA
Can i return my iphone and get a new iphone i just bought it yesterday and this iphone has a very little scuff on the bottom of the home button? will they accept it for a new iphone 5?

Sure. You just need to include the box and all of the original accessories that came with your phone and take it back to BestBuy. Don't forget your receipt.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England

if was scuffed out of the box a little one tho

Do i go to bestbuy(were i bought the iphone) or apple? Do i bring the receipt?

Most iPhones will scuff with use anyway, so you might just swap it and then scuff it of your own accord in a week or two anyway.

So long as the device works properly, who cares?

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Normal wear and tear isn't covered under warranty. Like someone else said, it's manufacturers defects. They won't replace it if you have a cracked screen or water damage, unless you get AppleCare+. If you got a scratch out of the box, then yes, they will let you return it for a new or refurbished one.

Oui

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
Return for iPhone is and always has been 30 days.
Nothing is new about it and nothing has changed about it.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Most iPhones will scuff with use anyway, so you might just swap it and then scuff it of your own accord in a week or two anyway.

So long as the device works properly, who cares?

The iPhone 5 I got from Best Buy had scratches out of the box. Immediately took it back to Apple for a new one. It really is unacceptable for merchandise that's supposed to be brand new.

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
The iPhone 5 I got from Best Buy had scratches out of the box. Immediately took it back to Apple for a new one. It really is unacceptable for merchandise that's supposed to be brand new.

did you went to apple or bestbuy?

Cause i bought the iphone at bestbuy so which one do i go to?

----------

I took off the screen protector that came with it(the one that covers everything) is that okay?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.