Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:12 PM   #1
i0Nic
macrumors 65816

Improving wifi range: Time Capsule, Airport Extreme, Express?

Hey guys,

I live in a two storey house with a modem upstairs, currently I have an older 2008 model Airport Extreme upstairs and an airport express to extend the range downstairs.

All my devices in the household utilise Wireless N, so I am thinking of upgrading these two devices and hopefully both extending the wireless range and performance of my network. Currently there are pockets of space downstairs that have a poor wireless connection.

Would replacing the airport extreme with a new wireless N model, along with a new airport express potentially solve this? Also, I have a hard drive connected to an airport extreme for time machine, would buying a time capsule work better? I have noticed some issues with backups but I'd rather save the money and get the extreme, but not sure if I'm missing out on anything with the time capsule.

Any help is appreciated

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice